It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board

• Extreme pain, incontinence but no increase in white cells?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-24-2009, 12:32 PM   #1
    JennyLee
    (female)

JennyLee HB User
    Question Extreme pain, incontinence but no increase in white cells?

Infection without white cells increase? Have you heard of this?

What can I do? I had symptoms of a bladder infections a few days ago and took 1 OTC pill. A couple days later I was having extreme pain in my back and around the side flank pain. I went to the doctor and they said I do not have an infection in the bladder or kidney because there was not an increase in white blood cells.

Ok. SO I left without a prescription for antibiotic or pain medicine. Today, I am having extreme pain in my back on the left side and cannot control my bladder at all...and am again having the urgency, burning.

I have had hematuria for over a year.. with no infection too. I am a big mess today. Can't go back to my local small town doctor office, because obviously they are not able to see my problem is in my bladder or kidney they are looking at my colon!
    What do you think?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2009, 03:30 AM   #2
    Kertie446
    Inactive
    (female)

Kertie446 HB User
    Re: Extreme pain, incontinence but no increase in white cells?

Hi, JennyLee.

I would recommend that you have a urine culture done as it sounds like a kidney infection which can be serious and needs urgent medical attention for antibiotics.

Did you have a urine culture done? Or was it a blood test?

Burning and the other symptoms you describe sounds exactly like an infection of the urinary tract and including your upper urinary tract (kidneys) as I frequently get urinary tract infections due to retention issues.

I totally sympathise and understand what you are going through as I know all too well how horrible and inconvenient these types of infections are.

I would recommend you try and see another GP in your practice if you have more than one and see if they'll do a urine culture if you have not already had one or at least go to the A+E to see if they will be able to help.

I am not a doctor but this is what I would do if it was me.

Hope this helps and good luck. Get well soon.

Kind regards

Niad

Closed Thread