It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board

• TVTO Surgery Success Story

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-05-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
    severe bonepain
    (female)

severe bonepain HB Usersevere bonepain HB User
    Lightbulb TVTO Surgery Success Story

I was suffering urinary incontinence to the point where I became homebound. I seriously suffered from a bad case of agoraphobia. I didn't want anyone to see me this way.

My weight increase to 210 lbs made it that much worse.

I knew I had to lose weight.

My first step was to eat logical portions, and use my mind to reject excess. I thought of Siddartha Gautama and the middle road, not that I am a religious person, but I respect the middle road.

I lost 10 lbs. Good for me! I lost another another 5 lbs. Yay!

I had shrunk my stomach. That's not a bad thing as long as you are getting the appropriate foods.

I was still urinating uncontrollably, but it wasn't stress incontinence anymore, it was steady incontinence in large quantities. Perhaps due to always being a workhorse who always tried to show off and lift too much weight. Also from having kids, and from a vitamin D deficiency.

I got with a great urologist and he did TVTO mini-sling surgery. He said that it would 'take' for a very long time, provided I did not gain any weight. At 195, I knew I was on my way to success.

To ensure that my surgery remained intact, I continued to lose weight, and I did it slowly. I didn't do a great deal of excercise, I just ate until I wasn't hungry, but not until I was full. I was in a size 18-20, and just bought a pair of size 12 Levis which are too big. Don't be afraid of TVTO or your own potential. The 'O' is the way to go!

My food choices changed up. I chose salmon and nuts instead of meat, yogurt, tons of fruit and berries, juice, cottage cheese and pepper jack because of the dietary benefits of dairy and the capsaicin in the peppers which are anti-inflammtory and promote a better mood.

Following surgery I only took pain meds for two days, and I was flea marketing and having fun again. I'm not even kidding you.

I haven't leaked a single drop of urine since my surgery, and went on to lose 30 more pounds.

I hear the horror stories about mesh and slings, but I can tell you that when they do the obturator type of mini-sling surgery, you will have success, and even better success if you make a decision to lose weight rather than gaining it.

Last edited by severe bonepain; 09-05-2011 at 08:29 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
    karensk
    (female)

karensk HB User
    Re: TVTO Surgery Success Story

I, too, have had nothing but success with my TVT-O and am very glad I had it done!!

My hormones are very out of balance, so I do occasionally have 1 day of incontinence prior to my period, but that is all. A year after my surgery, I began regularly training with heavy weights and everything is A-OK.

I think the most important aspect of this surgery is to be sure you have a doctor who has had little to no complications, and has done many of them on his or her own. My doc has never had a bad outcome, so he was hired!

Closed Thread