It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board

• Eye Sight

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-24-2015, 09:06 AM   #1
    shays15
    (female)

shays15 HB User
    Eye Sight

My son just turned 2 months old and I've noticed he doesn't look me or anyone else in the face, he stares at the walls the ceiling never focusing on anything close to his face, I've tried to put toys close to his eyes and he doesn't react he looks away or looks past the toy, he is also very sensitive to the sun light. As a new mother this worries me, can someone give me a explanation please or someone who has been through something similar to this with there own children give me a idea of what to expect or what to do until I go to the doctors to ease my mind ... also a few words of encouragement wouldn't hurt. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2015, 02:15 PM   #2
    Amygdala
    (female)

Amygdala HB UserAmygdala HB UserAmygdala HB UserAmygdala HB User
    Re: Eye Sight

I was actually very curious myself regarding these symptoms, as I myself have had vision issues in the past. Therefore I did some research, and it does seem to indicate a disorder called Ocular Albinism. This is a genetic condition that happens
    only boys, as it is an X-linked disorder, that affects the pigment in the eyes and not his hair or skin.
    The good news is that it rarely causes other medical conditions or affect your child's overall health, if indeed this is what he might have.
    It also could be he is perfectly normal (I sincerely hope so) and will start showing more interest in people, places and things in the next few months.
    I would see your pediatrician sooner than later, if only for your piece of mind.
    Hope that I have not completely freaked you out; that was never my intention. Obviously you should Google this disorder to see for yourself if anything sounds familiar.

Closed Thread