It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board

• August Moms/August Babies

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-09-2005, 10:54 AM   #136
    kierrasmommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kierrasmommy HB User
    Re: August Moms/August Babies

LOL, I'm sure it would have worked fine, I hear it is sweeter than milk.
    Well, we had the furnace guy come lastnight and I felt like an idiot...turns out our digital thermostat just needed new batteries! Darn thing should have a low battery signal...I didn't even know it ran on batteries in the first place! The people who lived here before us didn't leave the manual on the thermostat so I don't even know how to set it or anything.
    Well, gotta go Kaden is mad.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2005, 08:05 PM   #137
    kierrasmommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kierrasmommy HB User

I keep forgetting to mention, in one of my parent magazines I read a cool tip that actually works really well, instead of eye make-up remover use baby shampoo...it is gentle and tearless so you won't get stinging eyes...my face wash was too strong for my eyes, it would dry the skin around them and sting my eyes too if I wasn't careful, and most of the time I still had racoon eyes when I got out of the shower, but now that I have been using a dab of baby shampoo instead it works well.
    Well, I should go, Talk to you all soon.
    P.S I found out my cousin had a baby boy yesturday...her first baby...10lbs 2oz!

Last edited by kierrasmommy; 11-09-2005 at 08:06 PM.

Old 11-10-2005, 04:38 AM   #138
    Laur77
    Veteran
    (female)

Laur77 HB User

I've tasted it. It tastes pretty sweet. It's not something I would want to drink a glass of! I never thought of putting it in my tea the other day when I was out of milk! I don't think I could have brought myself to do that, lol!!

Old 11-10-2005, 11:57 AM   #139
    firsttimemom
    (female)

firsttimemom HB User

My DS will only sleep if he is on his tummy. I have heard and read so many things about SIDS and babies sleeping on their tummy. I have purchased a movement monitor for his crib which gives me a little piece of mind but not totally. Does anyone else have this problem and if so, what should I do?

Old 11-10-2005, 07:06 PM   #140
    Laur77
    Veteran
    (female)

Laur77 HB User

When we were kids our parents were told to put us on our stomachs to sleep! We all turned out okay. The risk is actually very low of something happening. I have that monitor as well, and I love it. It helps me sleep better at night!

Old 11-11-2005, 10:15 AM   #141
    kierrasmommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Kaden prefers to sleep on his belly if he is laying on me, but at night he prefers to sleep on his sides or back in his bed.
    Well, nothing is new. So I'll come back in a day or 2. Talk to you soon. Take care.

Old 11-11-2005, 08:06 PM   #142
    S&J
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

S&J HB User

I have that monitor too...i find that i sleep a bit better as well.
    Dh took Troy and I for a couple of nights at a cabin in the mountains for my b'day...we took his playpen with us for Troy to sleep in..well I thought it would be great for Troy to sleep in the bedroom with us but i never realized how loud a sleeper he is! I'm very scared of sids so i kept him in our room so i could hear him (because we didn't bring a monitor) and thought i might get a good sleep..which didn't happen..what did happen the next night was we put him right outside our door..we both got a little bit better sleep but not much!!

Troy still hasn't rolled any which way yet....but I'm getting better at not comparing him to other babies! i know his time will come!

For those of you moms who live somewhere cold..what do you put over your baby at night? like a blanket? I've tried a blanket and i used to just tuck it under Troy's sides when he was smaller but then i got scared that he might kick it over his face so i ended up tucking the blankets tightly under his mattress..I found that he really likes to kick and the blanket ends up off him.....i'm putting him to sleep with a thick sleeper which he seems to be the right temperature but what about when i put him a thinner sleeper? Maybe i should just buy somemore thicker sleepers and just use them..well i think i just answered my own questions! lol
    oh yeah i did buy that fleece zip up blanket thing from babies r us..but don't like that it fits so snug around his neck so i don't use it.....i also have another one that i could try..i'm just worried that i'm going to overheat him! I do turn down the thermostat to like 18...hmmm....oh well
    Well....i hope you're all doing fine and check on you later!

S

m/c *angel* 10 weeks July/04
    IUI's-2 for bfp Sept 27/07

Last edited by S&J; 11-11-2005 at 08:09 PM.

Old 11-12-2005, 01:16 PM   #143
    kierrasmommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Hi S,
    I bought one of those portable room heaters for Kierra's room for during the winter, it had all the safety features so I wasn't concerned it would overheat or tip over and start a fire. Otherwise I dressed her warm and I too tucked the blanket in at the foot of her crib s it wouldn't cover her head and she wouldn't kick it out.
    Well, I gotta go Kaden is calling again.
    Talk to you later.

Old 11-12-2005, 02:06 PM   #144
    S&J
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

S&J HB User

last night i had troy in a thick sleeper and when i feed him at 4am he had a little damp spot on his side...i know it wasn't pee....i had the thermostat down and the house was cool..i guess he's a hot baby! needless to say i'm not using that sleeper anymore because this is the 2nd time he's sweated in it.
    talk to you later!
    S

Old 11-12-2005, 03:56 PM   #145
    Sarahj
    (female)

Sarahj HB User

Well, Tala got her first haircut today. Her bangs were hanging down to her eyes so it was time. Tomorrow is picture day so I thought it was a good time. Her Grandma cut it for me since I am not about to come close to my 3 month old with sharp sissors. She did pretty well considering most kids don't need a haircut this early.

S&J Tala runs hot when she sleeps so I rarely worry about her getting cold. I usually just put her in a sleeper so her feet are covered. She kicks her blankets off so it is a waste of time to cover her.

Well, nothing else to tell you all...I'll check in another time.

Sarah

Old 11-13-2005, 01:29 PM   #146
    S&J
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

S&J HB User

I'm glad to hear that Troy isnt the only one that gets hot! Last night he was in a thin sleeper and i had the house cooled down and i was in my pj's and had 4 blankets on! I was concerned that he was going to freeze!..but he must have been just right because he didn't get up until 6:45am!
    I'm not looking forward to his 4mos shots at the end of this month! Mind you he wasn't any different after his 2mos shots....dh couldn't come with us last time but he's coming this time! I felt so bad for Troy! I didn't cry but sure was close..i was trying to be strong for Troy I was very shaky and lightheaded after he had them tho!
    Well...i better get going!
    talk to you all soon!
    S

Old 11-13-2005, 03:44 PM   #147
    Kiedy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kiedy HB User

S&J

My son sleeps in a fleece pouch, it closes at the shoulders. It's great b/c it has some room for him to move his legs and doesn't keep him too hot. I also don't have to worry about him covering his head w/ it. You can find one at every big store. Underneath it I just put him in cotton sleepers. It works well, he never sweats in them.

I'm not looking forward to his second vaccinations, I cried the first time and had to leave the room, good thing my DH was w/ me. Hopefully it'll be easier this time.

My DS has ALMOST turned over last night. I say almost b/c his whole body flipped over, except his one shoulder was stuck underneath his big heavy head. He was soo frustrated, it was soo cute. It started couple of days ago, in his crib, where he would just arch his back and go on his side, and last night he actually flipped his legs over.
    So that was exciting.
    Hope you all are doing well.

Old 11-14-2005, 11:23 AM   #148
    kierrasmommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Kaden rolled over! I put him on his jungle playmat this morning (since we haven't had much time to do that in in the last week or so) and I was laying on the floor keeping him company. And after a few minutes I positioned his arms and helped him lean into a roll to show him how it's done, then I rolled him back onto his tummy and over he went again on his own, I wasn't sure if he actually did it it caught me so off guard, so I rolled him on his tummy again and he rolled again...but a couple minutes later I got the camera out to try and video tape him rolling and he wouldn't do it again. He also seems to have the crawling instinct in him, when he is on his tummy he tries so hard to crawl, he brings his knees up and everything...he doesn't support his butt up in the air with his knees, but he kinda brings his knees up on the sides as if he is trying to crawl....kinda like an army crawl I guess. He seems to want to stand all the time too, he is happiest when you let him standup and look at you...he likes his exersaucer alot now, (I roll a blanket and position it in the seat with him for extra support, he actually plays with the toys on it by swatting them, and he likes his jolly jumper too. But he is hard to keep sitting...bathtime is always fun since he fights sitting and tries to stand. I have started scrapbooking last week, I have wanted to for a long time but never had time to start it, I am working on Kierras right now since I had a bunch of pictures ready for it, it is so much fun to see a completed page. I do it right after Kierra goes to bed so she doesn't want to get into it as well.
    Gotta go Kaden is getting cranky, time for a nap.
    Take care. Talk to you soon.

Old 11-14-2005, 01:58 PM   #149
    Spanish
    Veteran
    (female)

Spanish HB User

Hello All

DD sleeps in a baby sleeping bag. The ones I have close with a popper over the shoulders and don't have sleeves, but you can get them with sleeves if you want. They are absolutely fantastic because she can't kick it off and get cold, there is no way that she can get in over her face and she has plenty of room to kick about if she wants. Also when I feed her in the middle of the night I just pick her up in the sleeping bag, feed her and put her straight down. She stays nice and warm and doesn't get disturbed and I don't have to worry about positioning her in the cot I just put her down anywhere. I'd highly recommend sleeping bags if you haven't tried them.

DD is not really showing any signs of rolling over but she wants to stand up all the time. If she's lying on her back and I try to pull her to sitting she just goes rigid so that she comes right up on to her feet! She can support her whole weight you just have to keep a hand on her for balance. I think I'm going to get one of those bouncers that fit in the door frame so that she can boing about without me having to hold her up.

Spanish

Old 11-15-2005, 07:20 AM   #150
    Boo Boo
    Veteran
    (female)

Boo Boo HB User

Hi,

Well its been ages seen l have lasted posted dd has kept me so very busy. Good to hear you all.

Spanish l live in Hall Green.

Well we have finally got Annaums cot bed and she likes it alot, especially the musical mobile. Infact she likes it so much that she can kick the Zeddies and Rubarbs !! lol honestly l was soo shocked about 2 days ago she was raising both legs really high and then kicked it was amazing, so l shortened the dangly toys and guess what she can still reach and it is not if they were really low? weird? Also discovered that she moves about, for example l put her in her cot in the foot end position and then at 5 am when l checked on her she had turned like a full 360 degree to the other end?wow well she has continued to do this. My only worry is that she may get cold she does not stay in her blanket at all and kicks it off, she is too small for a baby grow bag too. So dh is thinking of getting a portable radiator heater for her!

Oh and l discovered another way of occupying her whilst l can do the house work, l put my wedding film on ! lol she recognises daddy not sure about mummy though !

l have been slacking with tummy time for Annaum but will try to start again, my sister in law saw Annaum roll toher side whilst she was lying on the sofa at my inlaws!

I want to buy Annaum a play mat not sure whether l should get her the ring or flat play mat? any suggestions? although she likes to lie down and kick her legs alot?

Well l think Annaum had light exzema, she had this dry rash on her tummy and then on her legs and at the back of her legs where there are creases her skin seemed cracked. Although l did use oil it did not seem to work so the doc had told me to be very strict in ensuring l apply the ointments given there are no steroids in them. I am a bit upset although l know alot of babies get this and it does actually clear up. im not sure how she got it? apperently you can get it if the baby is in a warm room, has toomany clothes on too? Help?

Take care all better get back to tidying up Annaums wardrobe and then the pile of ironing all of which are dd

Closed Thread