It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board

• August Moms/August Babies

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-06-2006, 04:43 PM   #316
    Laur77
    Veteran
    (female)

Laur77 HB User
    Re: August Moms/August Babies

Hi guys, been a long time. I started Logan on some veggies. So far he has had sweet potatoes, and just started squash. I want him to try everything, so it is hard to wait a few days in between! I made a whole bunch of food myself and froze it. We'll see how long that lasts, ha ha (making it that is).

He is such a good natured baby, but today he was soooo cranky all day. I was getting so frustrated and irritated. Then he fell asleep in my arms and looked so sweet and peaceful and I started to cry because I felt so guilty for getting annoyed!

On Monday he goes for his next shots...I'll be interested in how much he weighs. I got on the scale with him, and I got 23lbs!!! You'd think he was really fat, but he's not at all. He's tall and solid! Just like his dad.

Glad to hear all your babies are doing well, other than the odd cold.

Kiedy, I know what you mean about the nipple biting, ouch! It has only happened once to me so far, but oh boy, once was enough. I think he was actually kind of falling asleep, and didn't even mean to bite.

Well, better go for now...I must check in more often...too much reading to catch up on!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2006, 12:01 AM   #317
    kierrasmommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Firsttimemom,
    Glad to hear from you again, don't be so shy, we are all friends here. You don't have to write a story...like I tend to do much too often, LOL...even just a few sentences to let us know how you are doing if thats all you feel like typing. Glad all is well with you.

Boo,
    I'm sorry you didn't get any presents (((HUG))) sometimes men can be so insenstive. I actually have a bit of a confession. Theres a little part of me that resents my DH for something he did, or rather didn't do. A few hours after Kierra was born he went home to let the dog out and shower. He came back to the hospital with flowers and a card and a gift certificate for the spa...when Kaden was born I didn't get a card, flowers or anything else for that matter from him. Part of me was a bit upset about that. I wouldn't have minded if I had only gotten flowers and a card...that alone would have made me felt appreciated for what we all go through with pregnancy and labour.

Laur,
    I know what you mean about how precious they are when they are sleeping. There has been the odd time where I have felt overwhelmed and then felt guilty afterward because I know that crying is thier only way of communicating with us right now.

I feel much better. My sinuses are almost back to normal...I think all the extra sleep I got this weekend helped alot. Falling asleep at night is something I still must work on, I think my mind is just working overtime and/or I keep expecting Kaden to wake up to eat any minute so that is what is preventing me from just falling asleep. But I took naps whenever I could this weekend and slept in twice when DH was home to take care of the kids, so that little bit of extra sleep helped. Kaden is doing better too, his sinuses seem good and he is coughing very little. Kierra's nose is drying up and her cough is getting better too, she tends to cough when she acts like a monkey bouncing all over the place so I need to tell her to settle down.

Kaden is sitting so well now. I have practiced with him the odd time since I said we needed to start practicing more. Then tonight I told DH to practice with Kaden while Kierra and I baked a cake and DH called me to see how well Kaden was doing, he actually can sit quite awhile. Sometimes he reaches forward to grab his feet or toys, but he sits straight back on his own again and sometimes we thought he was going to tip over to the side but he just wanted to lean on his hand, he'd put his arm out and support himself, it was so cute.

The last day or two Kaden seems to be fighting going to sleep...naps and bedtime. Normally (for the last few months) once he's been fed I can bring him and lay him in his bed, cover him up, put his sucky in his mouth and turn on his fish pond crib toy and he just closes his eyes and goes to sleep...the odd time I'd have to go in because his sucky fell out. (sometimes I've caught him trying to find his sucky to put it back in his mouth or he has it but can't get it in quite right...he can do it during the day when he is sitting or playing in his exersaucer but laying down and doing it is something he is still working on I guess) Anyhow, the last day or so he won't go to sleep as easily. During the night he is fine because he tends to fall asleep as he nurses so I just bring him back to bed and he sleeps right through it, but naps and his initial bedtime has been off the last few times. I hope it's just a temporary thing.

Well, thats about all thats new. I should go get ready for bed, I have alot of running around to do tomorrow.
    Talk to you all soon. Take care.

Old 02-07-2006, 07:26 AM   #318
    S&J
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

S&J HB User

Hi all!
    Troy has been sleeping through the night great but the last couple of nights he's been wide awake at 1-2am! And..it's lasting for an hour! It's probably because we all have a little bit of a cold so I end up nursing him because i think maybe it'll help soothe his throat and he might need more liquid..because i know that's what i do to...(when i have a cold)
    Do you think that he's going to get used to eating again at night? I've tried putting his soother back in and rubbing his side..which used to work..but he doesn't want it.
    I have a humidifier in his room..or could it be because he's had a few more naps than usual? Because he is a little sick i've let him sleep whenever he wants...which i usually do anyways.

Well hope all is well..
    Troy's "calling" me!
    Take Care!
    S

m/c *angel* 10 weeks July/04
    IUI's-2 for bfp Sept 27/07

Last edited by S&J; 02-07-2006 at 09:47 AM.

Old 02-07-2006, 03:31 PM   #319
    Boo Boo
    Veteran
    (female)

Boo Boo HB User

Firsttimemommie, its been long but good to hear from you and its true you dont have to write pages of stuff just a few lines is great! Im glad to hear all is well though!

Kierrasmommie, Men just think becuase you went through it once then thats it, no pain. Gees if they had to have menstrual cycles like us they would never last. Thats so sweet that Kaden is sitting up, Annaum actually loves to roll over on to her stomach and watch the childrens channel. She hasnt worked out how to roll back though!

I need to help her to sit up, l will be investing in some cushions ? l was thinking about bying one of those round play nest they are quite expensive though and then l think will she grow out of it soon? better go bye

Old 02-07-2006, 11:11 PM   #320
    kierrasmommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kierrasmommy HB User

S&J,
    It is probably a combination of the extra sleep he has been getting during the day and feeling sick too. Kaden woke up more than normal because he couldn't breathe clearly in the beginning so I had to use the saline and suction...I'm glad that is over! It may take a couple days after he feels better to get back to the same routine but don't worry, I'm a big softie and would be doing the exact same thing. Hope he feels better soon. They say cool mist vaporizors are best. Does yours have a spot that you can put eucalyptus oil to help with his congestion? If not, depending on what type of machine you have, you may be able to add a few drops of it directly to the water, it smells just like Vicks vapor rub and helps clear up your nose...but be sure to just use a couple drops at a time or whatever the bottle says if you go with the specialized vapor packages for machines. I also found out Benelyn makes plug ins similiar to those air freshoner plug ins but with the soothing vapors for colds...they weren't too expensive I think $11.00 for the plug in (not sure how many cartridges it comes with) and $4.00 for refills...I didn't get them this time round because everywhere I looked was sold out. I really like that idea though because it's so much easier and I know my vaporisor had a build up of mildew in the motor in where you can't get to for cleaning (so the machine is in the garbage now) but these would eliminate the need for water and decrease the risk of mildew.

Boo,
    I wouldn't get the (boppy is what they call them isn't it?) pillow unless you think it would be useful for future babies, Annaum wouldn't be able to use it for very long. I thought about getting one strictly for breastfeeding but found bed pillows worked just as well. And they do cost quite a bit...but I also remember watching a story on the news a couple years ago about a baby who nearly suffocated from one of those pillows...The baby had been sitting in the pillow for support and the parent had left the room for a minute or two and came back in and found the baby had turned and rolled over and was blue from somehow cutting off his oxygen supply because he couldn't get free until the parent found them, imagine if that parent had been much longer before coming back in the room?...When we first started practising I just sat on the floor with one leg on either side of Kaden if he fell back he fell onto my belly, if he fell sideways I would usually catch him, but he would just half fall before my legs broke his fall. Otherwise if you use cushions just get 3 bed pillows and shape them in a V but stay close...that boppy pillow story has really made me paranoid.

Well, I bought Kaden a tie for his outfit for the wedding. I don't know if it will work though...I had seen elastisized ties before Christmas that have a thin elastic that goes around the shirt collar, but they don't have them anymore, they shipped them out after Christmas...I went to about 5 or so places today and the only kind I could find for Kaden's age/size was a clip on (I found toddler ones that would have worked but they hung too far down) ...the only thing is Kaden's dress shirt fits him perfectly in the arms and body with a bit of room to spare...BUUUUUT, his little neck is so fat that I don't think I can do up the top button! In which case the tie won't work unless I attach it to some elastic myself. Then the elastic would make the shirt lok like it was done up all the way but still be somewhat comfortable. I can't get a bigger dress shirt because it would look too big everywhere else even if the neck fit better...My poor little (big) man! I will have to dress him up tomorrow and see, I guess I can always return it and find him something else to wear, but I thought the tie would be so cute!

Kierra got a cute velour purple dress with funky tights to match.

Well, Kaden is up so gotta run, talk to you all soon.

Old 02-08-2006, 08:35 PM   #321
    S&J
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

S&J HB User

Joanne- Thanks for the advice! I thought it was because he slept a little more often too....yesterday he had only 2 naps and then slept until 5am..so today he only had 2 naps and i hope he stretches his time until 5:30-6! I miss those mornings where he'll sleep until 8am!! Those outfits you got for kierra and kaden sound sooooo cute!
    Oh yeah i'mgoing to look at the motor in our humidifier and hope it's clean!

Laur77---how was Logan's shots? Troy goes next week..how much does Logan weigh? Troy is big too...tall and strong like his daddy! He just has these big gopher cheeks!

Troy now has 3 meals a day and nurses 4 times. He's also starting to fall asleep on his own! Well actually today he has...he had 2 naps and fell right asleep and then after i nursed him tonite i put him in his crib awake and kissed him goodnight and left the room and he was asleep in seconds! Hopefully he'll continue! I couldn't do the CIO thing I tried but it hurts too much! I usually end up going in and giving him his soother and rubbing/patting his side...which was like 8 times before he would fall asleep...and now he's just going to sleep in his own!..it's weird.

well i better get going!Tomorrow I'm having the ladies from the prenatal class over with their babies for coffee and snacks so i have to finish cleaning the house!
    Take care!
    S

Last edited by S&J; 02-08-2006 at 08:37 PM.

Old 02-08-2006, 11:35 PM   #322
    Kiedy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kiedy HB User

Kierrasmommy,

To make sure that my DH got me what I wanted after our DS's birth I actually said 'nicely'..."you BETTER get me some flowers or you're dead". It worked, everyday he came over to visit us he brought me flowers. With him, I just know I have to ask or should I say DEMAND. Especially now that he is sick, he keeps saying, "you can have anything you want, just ask, unfortunatly I can't think of anything", lol

Took DS for his check up, he weighs 20lbs 12 oz, and is 28.5 inches. His head is 46cm. All measurments are on 95th percentile. My big boy, tomorrow he is getting his shots. DH is still sick, I'm soo tired looking after everyone, including my sick dog who ate some garbage the other day and had the runs and had to go out every couple of hours and vomitted twice, and the cat that's been vomiting his hairballs EVERYDAY. Ahhhhhh.

I have to tell you that if I was to get sick, the house would collapse. I just don't know what we would do. I'm sooo tired, better go get some sleep. hope you're all doing well.

Old 02-09-2006, 10:33 AM   #323
    kierrasmommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kierrasmommy HB User

S&J,
    Oh how nice would sleep be. I wish Kaden was sleeping as well as Troy, Kierra was a good sleeper like that too at this age, but Kaden just can't get the hang of that yet. The last 2 days I have been feeding him 3 big meals a day in conjunction with his nursing and the other night I was actually able to get him to drink 4 oz of breastmilk slightly thickened with rice cereal from a bottle before I went to bed but he still won't sleep longer...in fact lastnight he must have woke up every 2 hours or less...I didn't look at the clock but I know he woke up alot so that sounds about right.

Speaking of needles I better check when Kaden's are...I know he is a bit behind schedule because there was a long waiting list for his first needles so all of his needles have been timed according to his first set of shots. I think he goes in March or April, but I have to check now to be sure. I am going to bring him next week to get weighed before we go to Saskatchewan for the wedding because we'll be out of town on his 6 month birthdate.

Is Kaden the only little funny man who thinks it's fun to pull Mom's bra and let go to snap it like an elastic band? Kaden does this almost everytime I nurse him. It doesn't hurt because it doesn't snap really, I don't think nursing bra's are capable of that, but it's funny to watch him pull my bra out and snap it. He used to nicely caress my shirt but now the little boy in him is coming out I think.

He also likes to walk up my body when we are laying down to nurse, it hurts too because he pushes with all his strength and digs his toes in, so I either have to bend myself like a sea horse or wrap a blanket around between us so he can't do that.

Kiedy,
    You poor thing! I know what you mean though, when we were all sick it seemed like nothing would have gotten done if I didn't force myself to do housework, I'm lucky I wasn't too sick, mostly just physically drained and stuffed up.

My dog had eatten something once, I think someone poisoned her because she was a strict dogfood dog and hadn't gotten in to any garbage or anything, I had to put her on special vet dogfood and antibiotics. Another time (the reason that makes me think she was poisoned the first time) one morning I saw her sniffing beside her dogrun and as soon as I opened the gate to bring her in the house she ran and gulped down whatever it was she had been sniffing through the fence, this time she didn't get sick but made me wonder about the first episode.

My Mom used to get a cream from the vet for her cat that you apply to their paws. They lick it off and I guess it lubricates the hairball enough to come up. I sure hope everyone starts feeling better at your house soon.

Well, I should go, take care and talk to you soon.

Last edited by kierrasmommy; 02-09-2006 at 10:42 AM.

Old 02-09-2006, 03:58 PM   #324
    S&J
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

S&J HB User

Joanne - lol @ the bra snapping! I had a little giggle!
    And Kiedy - I feel for you! I hope you are going to get some rest!

Well...take care!
    S

Old 02-09-2006, 09:53 PM   #325
    Kiedy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kiedy HB User

Hi guys,

DS got his shots today, he was fine after the first one but lost it for second and third, the needle went in sooo deep, it had to hurt. It almost broke my hurt as he started to turn toward me lifting his arm up, as if to ask for me to pick him up and protect him. He hung on tight to my neck afterward, such a sweetie.

They also had me answer this questionair about things he does and doesn't do. It was soo silly, most things I don't even know if he does...like when he falls on his back and his toy falls out of his hand, does he look after it? or does he try to pick it up? or when he goes after a toy, does he try to pick it up w/ both hands or one, and which one, and does he roll his hand w/ his thumb up?....I'm mean what kind of questions are those??? When he is lunging after a toy, I'm not looking at his hands I'm trying to catch his head as it's about to hit the floor/chair/another toy... Or another question was does he pick up cherios?? I don't give him cherios, I don't eat it, for one,, and two, I'd be afraid that when I was not watching he would put it in his mouth and choke on it.

So that was that. Had a figth w/ DH over us not being able to find a house in our small town. Two years ago I told him not to be picky b/c nothing better was going to come along other than what was available, but nooo, he had to have his dream house. Now, not only have we not yet found our dream house, the houses that were great are now gone and the crap that is left is now extra $100K. And he has the odasity to say that it's my fault too, that I didn't know that things were going to get this bad. Sure I didn't know that they were going to get this bad, but I did say they were NOT GOING TO GET BETTER!! AAAAAAh, I'm so frustrated. MEN. If he wasn't soo sick, I'd just scream at him, instead I'm venting here...sorry.

Back to our children. DS is eating better now, he swallows better and eats a lot more, which is good. Dog is feeling better and the cat stopped w/ the hairballs. We do give him the meds to prevent the hairballs, but I think DH just has to brush him, since he is an indoor cat.

Kierrasmommy, I know what you mean about the pulling of the bra strap, DS will pull on anything in the visinity, including the nipple of the other breast if it's exposed. If I nurse him in bed, he is always kicking me in the stomach, I have to hold his feet. And yes he won't sit still, while eating, always arching his back or kicking the chair rail or pulling on my hair. I'm seriously considering cutting my hair shorter, the pulling is getting painful, plus I feel so dull. Did you guys notice change in your hair after the baby, my hair is soo oily and flat looking. Plus I'm starting to break out on my face too. OHHH, I'm tired can you guys tell.

Kierrasmommy, how do you function w/ so little sleep, you poor thing. What are you going to do. I found that as long DS has his pacifier he will sleep all night, but the darn thing is always falling out and he is too small yet to put it back in, so one night after getting up too many times to remember, I actually attached at thin piece of tape on the side to keep it in. I know I'm horrible, but I'm dying here, and it works like a charm. My mom said she did that w/ me and at first I thought how cruel, but I'll try it for a week and then see if he can sleep w/ out it. I tested it on my self and I couldn't even tell that it was there, and when I pushed the pacifier w/ my tongue it came out as the tape is very short (less than 1cm) at didn't hurt. I'm finally getting some sleep, maybe I'm just losing my mind.

I have to go take the dog out for a quck pee and go to bed, get some well deserved sleep. Talk to you soon.

Last edited by Kiedy; 02-09-2006 at 09:59 PM.

Old 02-09-2006, 11:18 PM   #326
    kierrasmommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kierrasmommy HB User

As I was nursing Kaden tonight he was again amusing himself with my bra...I bet that is why boys are so good at slingshots!

Kiedy, I have pretty short hair, it's about 4 inches long all over but DS manages to pull it anyway...it hurts like hell, but so cute when he grabs a handful on each side of my head and pulls my face into his sloppy kisses...you just can't help but smile.

That questionaire was pretty funny, I will have to start paying more attention I guess. Kaden goes for his next needles on March 8th, so he'll be 6 1/2 months old.

Speaking of Cheerios, I was just wondering the other day how old Kierra was when I started giving them to her and I can't remember, it wasn't in her baby book either. Did they say you can start giving them to him? I know Kierra LOVED them, I always had a bowl of them wherever we went and she was more than happy to eat her cheerios. I know they melt in their mouth really quickly so Kierra never choked on them, but you have to make sure they are eating their baby foods well, and making the chewing motions, she would chew the cheerio until it melted then swallow it. And only get the original cheerios if you do get them, the multigrained ones they have out now have a coating on them so they wouldn't melt as well.

Before we started TTC DD, we had looked at show homes trying to decide what type of house we wanted. We absolutely fell in love with one, and brought the floorplan to another reputable builder who offered to build it with a few changes we wanted to incorporate for even cheaper than the original builder...but right around that time we found out my dad had cancer so we decided to start TTC several months earlier than originally planned (I was born 3 weeks after my grandmother passed away so I never had the chance to meet her and I didn't want my baby to go through the same and not meet his/her grandfather)...we got pregnant on the second month and after thinking about it decided we needed to buy a house sooner than later...before I was on maternity leave, we didn't have time to build that house we fell in love with so bought a little older house instead. Now that we look back that house would easily be $150 000.00 more to build now than it would have then...we were discussing it the other day and we both agree we should have just built then and moved several months later when it was ready with a new baby. Luckily my Dad overcame his cancer and has been able to meet both my kids so we rushed for nothing, but I'm glad we didn't take chances.

I don't know how I am still coping with so little sleep...most days are ok, I'm so used to it now I guess. On bad days I try to get the kids to sleep in as late as I can, then when Kaden goes for his afternoon nap I make Kierra go for one with me. And on really bad days I have a Tim Horton's Engish Toffee Cappucino...and do all the above.

My hair is ok, I did go through that hormonal hair loss thing but now it's OK. I know for awhile my scalp was really itchy dry, I am sure it was hormones. So I switched to Head and Shoulders Dry Scalp shampoo, it really helped to relieve the dry scalp, I find it works great. It almost seems like it strips all the hairspray and other hair products off so your hair is nice and shiny and bouncy. You should look at thier line next time, they have quite a few different ones, you may find one that will help give you some extra volume.

My face is sensitive right now too I think ever since I went off the pill, through pregnancy and its still giving me problems...when I had that facial last month she said I have combination skin so she gave me some samples to take home which worked awesome, but when I went back this week for visit 2 of my spa pass (the one my nephew bought me and my sister for Christmas) I asked about the prices and was shocked it would have cost me over $100.00 for just the face wash, toner and moisturizor! So I used her advice and bought similiar products for a fraction of the cost at Walmart. She said to get a salicylic acid face wash, use a toner (but not the type that is astrigent, only the ones that restore your skin back to it's original PH balance) and to use an Oil free moisturizor (I had been using oil based moisturizers because my skin was dry and flaky after washing it and in the mornings...but what I was doing was making my skin even worse with the oil based) I can't remember where you live but if you have a Shoppers Drug Mart or somewhere that has a cosmetic counter ask them to help you choose the right products based on what you tell them about your skin...make sure you tell them you recently had a baby because that sometimes makes a difference, and if you are breastfeeding some products should be avoided.

Well, I should go. Talk to you all again soon.

Last edited by kierrasmommy; 02-09-2006 at 11:21 PM.

Old 02-10-2006, 05:41 AM   #327
    Laur77
    Veteran
    (female)

Laur77 HB User

Hi guys!

Joanne, wow, can't believe he still gets up that much! Do you feed him every time? For a little while, Logan started getting up a couple times a night again, and at first I fed him every time. Then we decided, okay we know he can go through the night without eating, so we figured he must be doing it out of habit/comfort. So after a few nights of tough love (which was soooooo hard) and not feeding him, only rocking, singing, patting, etc, (sometimes for an hour or two!) he finally got back to sleeping through. Or if he does wake up now we'll hear him fuss for a few minutes then go back to sleep on his own. Sometimes he really starts to howl so I'll go give him a soother and rub his back and suddenly he rolls over and is calm as can be. It's hard to know what to do sometimes, especially during the night when we are so tired and just want to do whatever it takes to get them back to sleep quick!!!

Yea, I've found my hair to be really dull lately. I even had my usual blonde highlights done, and it even still looks dull. I would love to cut mine short, but I had it short for many years, and just now it's getting long again. I like the change. Plus my hair takes FOREVER to grow. It took so long to get it to shoulder length, because I would always get sick of the in-between stage and cut it off again...then start all over.

S&J, Logan goes for his shots this Monday. I wrote that post this past Monday, but I thought for some reason it was later in the week! I get confused with days...sometimes they're all a blur. I'll be interested to see how much he weighs. I got on the scale with him and I got about 23lbs, so would like to see how accurate that is.

Kiedy, sounds like you're having a rough go of things. Hopefully things will look up once everyone is feeling better. Everything seems so much worse when you don't feel good.

Talk to you guys soon!
    Laurie

Old 02-10-2006, 10:46 AM   #328
    kierrasmommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Laur,
    Funny you asked because as I was laying in bed lastnight, I was thinking of my post and wished I had mentioned those nights where he wakes up every couple hours only come every once in awhile...must be the growth spurt days. Most times I get about 3-4hours (sometimes 5) between him waking up. I don't always feed him, I usually just try the pacifier, turn on his crib fish pond, and pat his butt for a couple minutes, I'll do that 3 times before I give in and just feed him. Lastnight he went 4 &3/4 hours ate then went back to bed for 3 &1/4 hours and went back to bed for 2 hours, but then the next time he woke up I realized he had soaked through his diaper so I had to change him so that disrupted the sleep cycle. But I still wish I was getting 8 or so hours of sleep straight...that would be nice. I'm going to wait it out until his pediatrician appointment on the 1st and see what he says, if he says I should start being tougher then Kaden and I will move into the spare room in the basement for a little while (it's more soundproof, so it would prevent waking up Kierra and DH)

Well, I should go, DH is having his work buddies over tonight for poker so I have some cleaning to do. Talk to you all later.

Old 02-10-2006, 10:48 AM   #329
    kierrasmommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Oh, I had a question for you guys...does skim milk have all the same amount of vitamins as the other types of milk? I usually drink 1% and DD drinks **** but I bought skim milk this last time and don't mind it, but then started wondering about the vitamins.

Old 02-10-2006, 11:51 AM   #330
    Kiedy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kiedy HB User

Kierrasmommy,

I think the only difference in the milk is fat content, that's why they say to give kids **** milk b/c they need the higher fat content. I used to drink 2% and after I met my DH who drinks skim only, I have gotten used to it and like it. Plus it's good to know that it's healthier.

My I feel so much better this morning after getting some sleep. DS slept from 8 to 4:30. Yesterday I turned the heat in his room b/c I wanted to air it out a bit as it was very warm and sunny, but then at night forgot to turn it up agian. Boy when I went to check on him this moringing he was so cold, it was hard to hold him next to me. Nights are so decieving here. It was 17C during the day and -7C at night. Poor thing. No wander he woke up.

Kierrasmommy, what brand of the creams did you get, I find it so frustrating trying different products that just don't work. At this point we are also trying to find a lot and build also. Something I also suggested 2yrs ago, but all well, better later than never I guess.

Laur77, I'm like you w/ my hair, it's in between stages, I hate it, cut it and then regret it and start the whole process again. For instance, I cut my bangs, and for couple of months think, wow, I look so much better w/ bangs. Then, after I've neglected them for a while, I'll look at them and think, what the hell was I thinking cutting my bangs, I look so much better without them, and start growing them out. I do this couple of times a year. I think if I picked one style and maintained it on regular basis I'd be more happy with it. But who has the time. Plus I'm also a victim of doing what looks good on other women than what looks good on me.

Well it looks like it's getting sunny agian, so I shell go out for a walk and get some vitD-filled sunrays.

Closed Thread