It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board

• Super Fertile after pregnancy....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-03-2006, 09:35 AM   #1
    friday13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

friday13 HB User
    Super Fertile after pregnancy....

OK so I have heard that we are SUPER Fertile after having hte baby.... how long does that last?

I know Iknow.... I never really wanted a second child - but my husband really does and that makes me OK with it too - and I would like them to be close in age - plus with my condition and all (borderline high blood pressure) that came on during my last pregnancy around the 5th month.... and I am 36.... I would like to have them close together....

But... since my DD is already 5 months old - did I miss the super fertile time period after the birth?

Thanks ladies!!
    And anyone out there that has had two about 1.5 yrs. apart do you like it - and was it fairly OK???? in the beginning - I am so worried about baby #2 and NOOOOOOO sleep again for 4 months...

Friday

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2006, 09:41 AM   #2
    weepyone
    Inactive
    (female)

weepyone HB User
    Re: Super Fertile after pregnancy....

i don't know the answer to this but i wanted to say best of luck to you, you are much braver than me lol. everyone i know with 2 kids says it is easier with the second because you know what to do and don't get so stressed about things. one of my colleagues has 10 months between her daughters who are both now in their 20's she says it was fine but then again 20 years plus and short memory could be an issue lol. again best of luck

Old 07-03-2006, 09:58 AM   #3
    friday13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

friday13 HB User

Hey there - well I just got back from the Dr. (ob) and we went over my issue with HBP... (high blood pressure) so I can't go on the pill... and I have been OBSTAINING from SEX as well Robyn! LOL!! I was too afraid of becoming pregnant - and now that he says it would be OK I would just be higher risk ya da ya da .... I guess I want to have another because DH wants another and then I can get my tubes tied!! and NOT EVER worry about this again!!! LOL!!

OH I could be very very happy with just one - believe me!! but if we are going to have two ... I want it over and done with.... doesn't sound too chipper coming from my end I know.... but I know I will love love love the baby and I will need a lot of help - so he (DH) has to help out a lot more and also probably hire some help for the first 4 months after the birth of the second as well - ....

Anyone out there with little ones close in age???

Old 07-03-2006, 04:58 PM   #4
    JustinsMommy05
    (female)

JustinsMommy05 HB User

Just to answer your original question...it's the first 6 weeks after delivery you're considered "super fertile"...give or take.

Old 07-04-2006, 07:02 AM   #5
    friday13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

friday13 HB User

Thanks Justins Mom!!!

Old 07-04-2006, 09:09 AM   #6
    scrappin
    (female)

scrappin HB User

Hello, I just thought I would put my two cents worth in. My first two boys are one year and one day apart in age (Feb 5 and Feb 6). I had one period after my first pregnancy and Wham, I was pregnant again. The first year was tough. The older one wasn't old enough to walk by himself and the baby had to be carried. A double stroller was a life saver, but things like grocery shopping were tough. But the two boys have always been close, they have always had a playmate that could do the same things. They even slept in the same bed (by choice they had two beds) for the first 10 years. It's getting through that first year that was hard. I sometimes worried that I took the older one's babyhood from him. Best of luck to you.
    Pam

Closed Thread