It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board

• 3 month growth spurt

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-03-2006, 07:42 PM   #1
    expectant
    (female)

expectant HB User
    3 month growth spurt

Hello

To anyone whose bubs have gone through the 3 month growth spurt or to any mums that know about it is this spurt usually the biggest out of them?? I only ask as my little man has gone from sleeping from 10pm - 7am (i know thats great - he never used to do this by the way ) to suddenly hitting the 3 month mark and waking every 1.5 - 2 hours day and night for a full bottle!!!

AND he has been extrememly fussy, grumpy and generally not a happy camper. He doesnt have a fever or seem to be sick but he is just sooo hungry. Last night he ate 3 bottles where as usually he has none over night or maybe half a bottle every now and then and he is taking about 2-3 hours to settle at night for sleep where as before he would settle straight away. He isalmost so over tired from not sleeping much day and nght that he is fighting it. He thrusts his arms and legs and gets very angry when trying to get to sleep and he never really had a prob before. In the mornings he has heaps of scratches on his face from his thrusting (even though i file his nails all the time) - i need to put mittens on him but he gets too hot.

Any suggestions???? I am just putting it down to growth spurt but he was never like this with the previous ones. And then to make things weird this moring after feeding every 2 hours last night he wasnt interested in a bottle for 6 hours???? So confused!!!!!!

He is now FINALLY asleep but i am really confused as to whats going on and wish he could tell me lol he looks so angry at me for not working it out

laura

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2006, 12:24 AM   #2
    weepyone
    Inactive
    (female)

weepyone HB User
    Re: 3 month growth spurt

increase his bottles in the day if you fill him up then he will or should sleep through. ds did this since 8 weeks when he dropped a bottle at night so i increeased his day bottles. be grateful for the sleep lol. just when i think ds is sleeping through for good he goes and wakes at 530 just to keep me on my toes lol. good luck.

Old 07-04-2006, 06:58 PM   #3
    Paet
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Paet HB User

Mine will be 3 months in 1 week. The past few days, her feeding was irregular and she too was up every 2 hours to feed. Now, today, she has hardly drunk anything (but still has wet diapers). She's also been grumpy. She's never been much of a sleeper, but I'm thinking she's going through the 3 month growth spurt. Last night she slept for 6 hours for the first time ever. It probably won't happen again tonight because of all the fireworks. Do growth spurts make babies sleep longer?

I can't increase day feedings. When she's not hungry, she sticks her tongue out and pushes the bottle out.
    She even started biting the nipple with her gums.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Paet; 07-04-2006 at 06:59 PM.

Old 07-05-2006, 07:11 AM   #4
    expectant
    (female)

expectant HB User

Yep thats what a-idens doing. He went from drinking eveyr 2 hours to barely touching the bottlethe next day ??!!! So confusing. Re sleeping during growth spurt - not sure there i thought it was the opposite but who knows these little babies have a mind of their own and i know a-iden doesnt follow the 'book"

Old 07-05-2006, 04:22 PM   #5
    Paet
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Paet HB User

Mine slept 6 hours the other night and 5.5 last night. It was awesome.
    I'm hoping that sticks and isn't just part of the growth spurt!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread