It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board

• any of your infants show echogenic focus in ultrasounds?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-12-2007, 07:33 AM   #1
    paresse
    (female)

paresse HB User
    any of your infants show echogenic focus in ultrasounds?

Hello all. I read some recent posts on other boards that are worrying me (unnecessarily). I'm currently 35 weeks pregnant and just want to prepare myself for any challenges that arise if my baby has a problem.

An echogenic focus on the heart appeared at my 22 week and 33 week ultrasounds. I was told that they often don't show up in later pregnancy but it did. I went through genetic counseling and was told that my chances of having a child with Down Syndrome were anywhere from 1/100 to 1/1500. I opted not to do the amnio because of the risks involved. The baby has also consistently measured smaller (in the 25 percentile).

My midwife told me not too worry but now I am finding out that children are born with Down Syndrome and the echo focus was the ONLY marker.

It's stupid to worry now, i know but I would love to hear what other mother's experiences were. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2007, 08:00 AM   #2
    JellyB_3
    Veteran
    (female)

JellyB_3 HB User
    Re: any of your infants show echogenic focus in ultrasounds?

I had the same thing at the 20week scan. I was a wreck! My baby was born on 1/28 and so far seems very healthy.

Closed Thread