It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board

• Recall on Gerber Organic Rice and Oatmeal cereal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-20-2007, 07:44 AM   #1
    liloulou
    Veteran
    (female)

liloulou HB User
    Recall on Gerber Organic Rice and Oatmeal cereal

I use this product...
    Here's the release:
    Gerber® Announces Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Gerber ORGANIC Rice™ and Gerber ORGANIC Oatmeal™ 8 Ounce Cereals Due to a Potential Choking Hazard
    For Immediate Release, Florham Park, NJ July 13, 2007, Gerber Products Company, a division of Novartis Consumer Health, is voluntarily recalling all packages of Gerber ORGANIC Rice and ORGANIC Oatmeal Cereals due to a potential choking risk. A limited quantity of product may contain lumps of cereal, which do not dissolve in water or milk and pose a potential choking hazard. Gerber has received choking complaints, but no reports of injury. The FDA is aware of this recall. No other Gerber Products are affected by this recall.
    The product has been distributed in the United States, Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. If a consumer has Gerber ORGANIC Rice or Gerber ORGANIC Oatmeal Cereal, they should not use the product and call the Gerber Parents Resource Center 1-800-443-7237 or 1-231-928-3000 to return the product and receive a full refund.
    Gerber ORGANIC Rice and ORGANIC Oatmeal Cereals are sold in 8 ounce boxes and all codes are being recalled. Gerber ORGANIC Rice UPC Code is 15000 12504. Gerber ORGANIC Oatmeal UPC Code is 15000 12502. These numbers can be found on the bottom right side of the box.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2007, 06:27 PM   #2
    xinerevelle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

xinerevelle HB User
    Re: Recall on Gerber Organic Rice and Oatmeal cereal

When I called they sent me a postage paid return slip and then will send a coupon for a free box of their replacement product when they get the one I'm sending them.

What a hassle!

Closed Thread