It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board

• Which juice is best?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-19-2009, 03:13 PM   #1
    misE08
    (female)

misE08 HB User
    Which juice is best?

I have been giving my now 13mth old boy gerbers juices watered way down, is there another type of juice that is just as good or recommended such as juicy juice or any others? thanks in advance for your suggestions.
    Missy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2009, 10:27 PM   #2
    marisuela
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

marisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB User
    Re: Which juice is best?

i give my girls (ages 5, 3, and 7 months) the walmart brand apple juice or the mott's brand applejuice WAY watered down.... as long as the juice doesn't contain any high fructose corn syrup, or any artificial colors and preservatives, it really doesn't matter what brand you use.

my doctor recommends not giving juice at all and just give plain water, but that if you insist on juice, give cranberry juice because it is good for the urinary tract. i don't follow that advice, but i thought i'd pass it along!

Old 03-20-2009, 05:41 AM   #3
    kitchener12
    (female)

kitchener12 HB User

I don't give my kids juice hardly at all, my 4 yr old drinks cranberry juice if anything and I havent offered any to my 13 month old only milk and water, I never had juice as a child either and my teeth are great...if you are giving juice try using a big kid cup not a sippy and make sure to brush afterwards the sugar that sits on teh teeth from juice is what causes cavities later on...

Old 03-20-2009, 07:32 AM   #4
    misE08
    (female)

misE08 HB User

my pediatrician doesnt mind giving juice if it is watered down. Actually she recommended it b/c it helps my little one not to be "stopped up", if you know what I mean. He only gets 2 small sippy cups a day which is maybe 2-4oz. of juice. If he wants more he gets just water. I just didnt want to give him regular juice b/c I was afraid it had too much sugar and maybe the gerber juice didnt have. I know it can cause cavities, but to me that is part of a childs life - not cavities but juice. I dont let him have it all day everyday and/or before he goes to bed, plus he gets his teeth brushed before bedtime too.
    Thanks for your advice and suggestions...
    Missy

Old 03-20-2009, 09:28 AM   #5
    AlexaIn2006
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

ORGANIC apple juice.

Closed Thread