It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board

• elevated aso

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-15-2019, 08:20 PM   #1
    WORRIEDMOMA
    (female)

WORRIEDMOMA HB User
    elevated aso

I have a 11 year old daughter who has been sick for over one month now.

I first noticed a severe rash all over her legs which slowly moved up to her shoulders. Dr. said it was vasculitis and sent her to see dermatologist who performed a skin biopsy. Results came back neg for vasculitis and lupus. Dermatologist said results showed it was some type of viral infection.

Labs have been performed several times since then and CRP came back elevated on 8/20, 8/28, and 8/30. Also her ASO titer have been extremely elevated ranging from 1300 up to 1500, critically high. She has complained of joint pain to her ankles, knees, wrist and fingers. She seems overly tired all the time and also has daily mild headaches.

Her labs were rechecked on 9/13, this time everything came back normal except ASO titer again at 1400. She has seen an infectious disease dr, cardiologist, dermatologist and her regular pediatrician numerous time since then but still no diagnosis! She still has the rash, which gets worse when in the sun or if she is sweating.

I feel so helpless and hope anyone out there has some suggestions.

Cardiologist performed echo and EKG. Echo showed minimal amount of fluid in heart and EKG mildly abnormal, Cardiologist said it is nothing to worry about but as a mother I am super worried. She was put on a halter monitor over this past weekend and we have follow up for results on 9/23.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-16-2019 at 08:37 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply