It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board

• need help on chronic mono!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-24-2004, 02:18 PM   #1
    eternalmono

eternalmono HB User
    Exclamation need help on chronic mono!!

Hi, I am 32 years old and I have mono right now. I first got adult mono when I was 27. Since then, I have been diagnosed with mono 7 times. The 1st three times were relapses. The 4th time and on were separate cases. I say this because I have been tested between those times and I tested negative for mono. Since 2000, I get mono every 9-10 months. I can not get rid of it and now I have so many health problems. I get strep throat at least 2 times a year, and other bad infections and I've been to an infectious disease doctor who did not give me any help or advice. Now I am seeing a rhuematologist because my ANA blood test was high. I read that mono can cause a positive ANA test so I went back the next day to the doctor to be tested for mono. Sure enough, I had it. So they are testing me for Lupus and other auto immune diseases. I am always fatigued and just can't knock this. I haven't felt 100% since before the first time of having adult mono back in 1999. I've done research on the net for various things. The link between adult mono and Hodgkins is a little worrysome. I was wondering if having adult mono more than once put me at even greater risk for Hodgkins? Also if anyone has any advice as to what I can do. I've tried proper diet, exercise, reducing stress, and everything they say. It never fails, as soon as I start to feel better, I have another bout of mono. I feel like I'm going to be like this for the rest of my life!! I need help!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2004, 05:31 PM   #2
    labkck

labkck HB User
    Re: need help on chronic mono!!

hi, this is my first post. after i post this i am going to post my lab results and ask for help w/ the interpretation. anyway, i will be 35 in dec. approx. 6 years ago i was diagonsed w/ mono. since then i have "confirmed w/ lab work" that i have relapsed 4 times. as a matter of fact, it was this time last year. i have been off work for almost 1 month. I am a police officer and "i just cant go back in this condition"... i truly understand how you are feeling. i havebeen lucky though and i only suffer the feeling horrible, legs / arms ache, fatigue/ low grade fever/ irritable. i use to suffer from chronic bronchitis. but, i went to see an allergistand that is resolved. there is so much i want to write, but i am anxious to post my lab results. as i stated, this is my first post. therefore i am not sure what i am doing yet. so if you write back, and i am smart enough to retrieve it i will respond.. good luck im going to post the lab results doyou know how to read those??? thanks linda

Last edited by labkck; 08-25-2004 at 05:33 PM.

Old 08-26-2004, 10:59 PM   #3
    jawpainhurts

jawpainhurts HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by labkck
    hi, this is my first post. after i post this i am going to post my lab results and ask for help w/ the interpretation. anyway, i will be 35 in dec. approx. 6 years ago i was diagonsed w/ mono. since then i have "confirmed w/ lab work" that i have relapsed 4 times. as a matter of fact, it was this time last year. i have been off work for almost 1 month. I am a police officer and "i just cant go back in this condition"... i truly understand how you are feeling. i havebeen lucky though and i only suffer the feeling horrible, legs / arms ache, fatigue/ low grade fever/ irritable. i use to suffer from chronic bronchitis. but, i went to see an allergistand that is resolved. there is so much i want to write, but i am anxious to post my lab results. as i stated, this is my first post. therefore i am not sure what i am doing yet. so if you write back, and i am smart enough to retrieve it i will respond.. good luck im going to post the lab results doyou know how to read those??? thanks linda
    i believe there is a site called descipher.com - it will tell you what your labs mean.

Old 08-27-2004, 11:25 AM   #4
    labkck

labkck HB User

Thankyou Ill Try Descipher.com

Old 08-28-2004, 08:57 PM   #5
    Kime
    (female)

Kime HB User

Try reading the 2002 book on Vitamin C and infectious diseases by Dr. Thomas Levy. He covers the use of Vitamin C for viruses including mono. It is harder to treat chronic mono, but it might help you. This may seem like it doesn't apply to you, but my son started having symptoms of psychosis at exactly the same time he started having mono symptoms last November (the mono was confirmed by a lab test). And now even though the acute mono symptoms have been gone for many months the thing that helps his psychosis and other related symptoms the most is very large daily doses of vitamin C. He takes at least 90 grams a day and it REALLY helps. My theory is that he has a subclinical chronic mono that the vitamin C helps control. If this interests you try doing a web search on vitamin C bowel tolerance because to really be effective you have to take it to bowel tolerance. If you try the C and it seems to help your symptoms (It only takes about 2 days at bowel tolerance to know if it will help your symptoms) you might be able to find a doctor who would be willing to give it to you IV for a few days because that is the most effective for killing viruses.

Old 09-02-2004, 12:05 AM   #6
    bontok12

bontok12 HB User

Have you been tested for Stealth Virus or SCMV, man those are new infection and many doctors are failing to look into that. It causes chronic MONO type along with CFS.

Old 10-18-2004, 11:53 AM   #7
    les_etoiles

les_etoiles HB User

i have mono right now. it is so brutal. i hate lying around all day. i nkow it's viral so antibiotics don't work which is really frustrating. i was looking around the internet for some clues to maybe getting over it quickly and about the only stuff i found has to do with your liver.

i guess you liver is really important to your immune systerm, and what i read is like it gets really "logged down" with toxins so when you get sick it takes longer to get better and the best thing to do is a liver flush. that sounds really weird, i picture my liver circling the loo...around and aroudn and around...really strange, i know!

so i starting looking up liver/mono stuff on the internet and saw this stuff called monobrex, i think is what it's called. has anyone tried it? i know a lot of people use this board so i was hoping there might be someone. let me know if you think it works

Old 10-19-2004, 06:08 PM   #8
    queenie65
    (female)

queenie65 HB User

No, never tried Monobrex, but it's like $75!! I would just take lots of Vitamin C and a good multivitamin.

Old 10-25-2004, 01:37 PM   #9
    les_etoiles

les_etoiles HB User

man i have been out of it for the past week. i hate this, at this point i don't really care what it costs, i just don't want to feel like this anymore. i guess i'll let you all know how it works.

Old 11-02-2004, 11:02 AM   #10
    les_etoiles

les_etoiles HB User

hey all

my mom ordered monobrex last week and we got it on thursday. so i've been taking it for...five days now, and there is a TOTAL difference. i can take a shower and not feel like sleeping for a month, i have been up and around the house, and my lymph nodes aren't swollen any more. i think i'm going to stay home for one more week and go back to school. i was pretty skeptical but i guess they are really working. my mom's been making me eat a lot of fresh vegetables too, i guess they said to do that. better than canned! my mom said the monobrex has been making a big difference, she can tell because i'm joking around again and smiling, instead of feeling so miserable and snapping at every one. i'm really excited to get back to classes. i'll tell you all when i feel like i'm completely better!

Closed Thread