It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board

• Systemic MRSA Staph

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-26-2008, 02:45 PM   #1
    embrey020106
    (female)

embrey020106 HB User
    Systemic MRSA Staph

My aunt was just diagnosed with systemic MRSA staph and I cant find out anything about it on the internet. She is in ICU and we I dont know anything about this strain has anyone dealt with this??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
    horseygirl14
    (female)

horseygirl14 HB User
    Re: Systemic MRSA Staph

Just type in systemic MRSA stap and lots of information should come up. Basically it is a MRSA infection that has spread systemically throughout the body - it can involve the joints, heart, muscles, bones, spleen and the lungs.

She has Methicillin resistant staph aureus. You might try doing an internet search on this and see what comes up. What kind of symptoms does she have?

My husband had a staph infection in 2001. It wasn't MRSA (at least not that I know of - this was 6 years ago) but he was very sick and in the hospital for 10 days and on central line IV antibiotics for 6 weeks at home afterwards. When he first got sick he was complaining of pain in his back behind his shoulder blade. Turns out he had a deep abscess behind his shoulder blade that he required surgery for to clean it out due to the MRSA.

I'm glad to hear she is in the hospital hopefully getting the best possible care she can. My husband had a very high fever for quite a few days before the antibiotics started kicking in and clearing up the infection.

Closed Thread