It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board

• nose infection

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-08-2008, 03:48 PM   #1
    meadow430
    (female)

meadow430 HB User
    nose infection

My nose is always infected on the inside. The out side is always red people make commets that it looks like a whiskey nose. the inside is sore, lots of what I think is boogers. it only gets soft inside after a shower then I can blow my nose and get rid of some of it . but then it fills right back up. when I get to my job it starts to run and I can feel it filing up at the bulb of my nose then the stuffs get hard on the inside. sometimes when I blow my nose it will bleed from the the sores coming off it also throbs at times. I have been Doctoring with this for years they just give me a antibotic it will clear up and then it comes right back after my medicine is gone. This last time 7/3/2008 they did two nose cultures one for Herpes and one for Bacteria Herpes was negatvie and the Bacteria was Postive with Staph . I thought it might have something to do with my job as I work on a paint line and work next to ovens that bake the paint on the steel and there are wash tanks that wash the parts there is geen stuff on the walls of the wash tanks. they use a vacumm to suck the sludge off the bottom of the wash tank and put it in five gallon buckets with this green stuff floating on top and they stick it in the oven to dry. I don't know if this is what is causing my infection. my nose clears up if I am gone from work for a long weekend or a vacation. it use to only get bad in the winter months when all the overhead doors are shut. but now even in the summer it is infected I don't know if it just because I have been holding off going in and trying ointments in my nose that helped somewhat. I know as soon as my medicine is gone this will be back . so now what is the next step?

Thank You,

Teri

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2008, 06:33 PM   #2
    janewhite1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
    Re: nose infection

Sounds more like rhinitis related to irritation from fumes at work, to me.

Have your tried nasal irrigation? You take this little pot, sometimes called a neti pot, fill it with salt water, and rinse out your sinuses. The allergy board has a thread called "sinus flooding" with a lot of info.

Closed Thread