It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board

• What falls in the category of "Infectious disease"

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-19-2008, 09:06 AM   #16
    harka
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

harka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB User
    Re: What falls in the category of "Infectious disease"

Hey dream77,

how did the appointment with the ID doctor go? Were there any new avenues to go down?

we on this board are here to support you, and I hope things turn out well. I know it may be hard to face this, but there is a possibility (as with any disease where the symptoms are severe, but variable) that a cause may never be found. It's hard to believe that that could happen in today's state of medical progress, but unfortunately that is often the case. At this point, especially if the ID doctor is of no help, that might be a possibility that you may have to face. Hopefully this board can offer you some amount of support to help you cope with that, but something that's important is that you're only going to make yourself miserable if you continue searching for something which will take a lot of time and energy and be fruitless.

One thing I want to caution you about if you end up seeking help from an alternative medicine practitioner is to continue keeping an open mind. Many naturopaths/osteopaths will come to quick conclusions about what's wrong with you which will have an unbelievable psychological lift for you, but may eventually lead to an emotional crash (plus a lighter wallet) when no solution is found.

Remember also something you mentioned previously--you have other members of your family who need you, and searches for what you seek could take many many months of frustrating labour which may take away your time and attention from others who need it.

I think it's important when giving support to not just paint a rosy picture all the time (which I think happens a lot on fora like this), but also to help people get through things which are difficult to face (which is something applicable to your situation). I hope you're not upset with my post, but if you are, I respect that and I'll say no more.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2008, 11:20 AM   #17
    dream77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dream77 HB User

cgran,
    Thanks..
    Actually I totally hear you and have told myself the very same stuff while debating with myself as to what the next steps are. I still have a little hope left in me about having whatever I have "curable" and a little of the hope that things might be as healthy as they were 2 years ago.. But right now I am going on with my life as though this is my destiny to be in pain and face these problems .. so am somewhat prepared if I get no answer at all... I have no choice but to continue till whenever like this anyways ..

The ID doctr did an examination.. he seemed to hear me carefully (but who knows.. ) he confirmed that some glands on my neck and armpits looked swollen.. he was suppsoed to go through all the labs I had faxed him a week before the appt and call me by last Friday latest. After many calls and messages from me .. he has still not called and I believe he is not resourceful enough to help me.

Thanks for your concern.. I appreciate it.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:19 AM   #18
    dream77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dream77 HB User

Update:-
    Ihad a folow up appt with the neurologist this morning.. he is sending me for another MRI.. (the last one was in Nov last year).He is quite certain this is Multiple Sclerosis and has me started on busparione today on.
    I am worried about the chances of my daughter being prone to it.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:34 AM   #19
    harka
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

harka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB User

Hi dream77,

how are you holding up? I find it very touching how selfless you sound that you have just gotten a diagnosis which I'm sure was difficult, and you are thinking of your daughter.

MS is such a difficult diagnosis because of the uncertainty surrounding it. Just remember not everyone is the same, and the course can be very mild and treatable in a large number of people.

Old 08-24-2008, 12:49 PM   #20
    dream77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dream77 HB User

Cgran,
    Thanks for askin.. I am fine.. The last 2.25 years (since the pregnancy showed risks of Downs Syndrome for my daughter and the whole process of amniocentesis and the never ending health issues one after the other) its been a spiritually somewhat cleansing process. I have always been the over-ambitions.. be on top of my game sort of person and (quite judgemental of other people.. gotta admit) and these last 2 years have been so trying.. .. the way this health crap has impacted every aspect of my life... that right now .. I am aware that the ONLY worse thing that could happen is to see my daughter not doing well and am grateful for that. I have come to seriouslyunderstand what "Destiny" means.. I did not earlier understand it.
    Well..thanks for the support..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cgranulomatis View Post
    Hi dream77,

how are you holding up? I find it very touching how selfless you sound that you have just gotten a diagnosis which I'm sure was difficult, and you are thinking of your daughter.

MS is such a difficult diagnosis because of the uncertainty surrounding it. Just remember not everyone is the same, and the course can be very mild and treatable in a large number of people.

Closed Thread