It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board

• M.R.S.A. and anal abcess

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-21-2008, 04:57 AM   #1
    mjdalton42
    (male)

mjdalton42 HB User
    M.R.S.A. and anal abcess

I have had mrsa for some time but took a while to get it diagnosed. 5-6 months ago I was given 3 medications and it went away. Now I believe (through searching my symptoms on-line) that I have an ANAL ABCESS. On one site I visited it made mention of Staphylococcus.
    Has anyone out there have any specific knowledge of this possible association between recurring MRSA an an anal abcess?
    I'm going on day 2.5 with this and dread going to the hospital from what I've read about the proceedure to remedy this affliction.
    Right now its gotten to the size of an egg.
    Please respond asap
    thanks

Last edited by Mod9; 08-21-2008 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Remove contact info. Healthboards are anonymous and off-board contact is not permitted

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2008, 12:02 PM   #2
    janewhite1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
    Re: M.R.S.A. and anal abcess

Okay, if you have an anal abscess, (or any abscess) and you have a history of MRSA, there's a good chance that the abscess is caused by MRSA. When you go to get it treated, mention you've had MRSA in the past.

If you have an anal abscess, you need to go to the hospital and have it drained as soon as possible. If not, it could spread into your groin, or even your bloodstream, which would be extremely dangerous. You will likely develop a fever soon, also. And the recovery will only get worse as it gets bigger.

You'll be nicely drugged up while they fix the abscess, and when it's over, you'll probably feel much better than you do right now.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:01 PM   #3
    donniebear
    (male)

donniebear HB User
    Re: M.R.S.A. and anal abcess

I've had four abcesses in last six months,two required surgury,and two, I went early enough ,to get antibiotics that shrunk them and they went away.My advise is go at first sign of infection even if you are not sure what it is.Good luck

Closed Thread