It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Female Infertility Does taking dhea make fibroids grow back?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-03-2019, 03:56 AM   #1
    writingg
    (male)

writingg HB User
    Does taking dhea make fibroids grow back?

Hi Everyone,

I have 2 maybe 3 fibroids under the lining of my womb. One fibroid is protruding into the womb cavity. I am 43 and a half. I started trying to have a baby when I was 42 and I have spent the last year and a half trying to get rid of fibroids. I had two operations last year to remove two fibroids. I am very worried because of my age that I will release no eggs or one egg. I have heard that dhea may improve egg quality and may help the eggs to release from the ovaries. However as I am prone to fibroids as I have oestrogen dominance will dhea make fibroids grow back if take it after having the fibroids I have now removed? I feel that I have a terrible dilemma if I do not take dhea I may release no egg or one if I take it fibroids might grow under the lining of my womb all over again and the embryo will not implant. I have only 2 or 3 chances of ivf as I will never afford to have more rounds of it.

I really hope someone has experience of this problem and can answer my questions and it would really put my mind at rest.

Regards

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2019, 07:10 AM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: Does taking dhea make fibroids grow back?

Dear writingg

Yes, DHEA does cause fibroids.
    I am so sorry you have health issues that affect whether you might get pregnant or carry a child to term. But, having fibroids means you should absolutely should not be using DHEA. It is not at all worth the health risk.

Please get advice from more than one doctor and make sure they know all of your health issues. Don't be desperate because that can lead to deadly mistakes.

A friend never could get pregnant and finally stopped trying and she adopted a child that needed parents. Then several years later she suddenly became pregnant and the medical profession does not know why she was able to become pregnant, but now she has two children. It is very obvious that despite her age, her body did release an egg. Try to be safe, relax in your heart and trust God.

Reply Reply