It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• brown blood..........

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-02-2003, 01:10 PM   #1
    nikkiz
    Inactive

nikkiz HB User
    Question brown blood..........

I went throught a follistim/iui treatment in September, it produced three good follicles and I did ovulate, however the iui didn't take. I had a normal cylce in October, but this month all I have had is brown discharge. Old looking blood. No breast soreness, cramps ect. Sometimes that happens but then I start a few days later. This month it hasn't started. Since I have PCOS, and don't ovulate I couldn't be pregnant right? Since the follistim was in Sept. it would be well out of my system?? What could cause me to have this type of cycle?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2003, 03:36 PM   #2
    Sarafina
    Inactive

Sarafina HB User
    Re: brown blood..........

I'd take an ept if I were you, you never know....Good luck, and please let us know! I'm doing follistim w/IUI this month, so I'd be curious to know. - Sara

Old 12-02-2003, 08:13 PM   #3
    IndyAndrea

IndyAndrea HB User
    Re: brown blood..........

Hi Nikkiz,

I'd take a HPT too, just to rule out anything! You know what.. when I was ttc#1 I did injections too and thought I had a "period" after them and it didn't take. Little did I know, I was actually pregnant and miscarried my son's twin ! I was waiting and waiting and waiting for a period to "show up" so I could start another cycle of meds... I had to take a HPT before the dr. would let me take Provera to start my period and there was a BFP on the HPT! LOL so, you NEVER know what can happen! I got a beautiful son out of a "I couldn't possibly be pregnant, could I?" LOL

On another note - this past cycle for me for example (ttc#2 with injections again) did not take - confirmed blood non-pregancy cycle and my cycle went 50 days w/o a period so of course, I needed Provera to jump start my period again (I have PCOS, too) and my period seemed nonexistant when it did finally arrive after provera. All I did was spot and it was more brown than red. It's obvious that our PCOS bodies sometimes don't make enough hormone to let our bodies know that we need to menstruate. Therefore, our linings never fully flourish enough for a "normal" shedding of blood.

Good Luck!

Closed Thread