It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• hormonal inbalance

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-19-2004, 07:05 PM   #1
    shushylover

shushylover HB User
    hormonal inbalance

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=Indigo]Okay now im only 20 but me and my hubby cant get pregnant the doc says i have a hormonal inbalance does anyone know what causes it???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2004, 07:26 PM   #2
    Ashtre

Ashtre HB User
    Re: hormonal inbalance

Me too I am also 20 years old I just recently took clomid days 4-8 and got my HCG shot and now I'm trying I'm on day 15 as of today. I'm not sure when I can take an HPT. I won't know because I never got my Girl thing on my own.

Old 08-20-2004, 09:29 AM   #3
    shushylover

shushylover HB User

what is hpt???? I really don't know much about it. I have had my women thing but i only have it every 4 months since i was eleven.... My doctor says that in my case the chlomid should work and i should be pregnant by the 10th of september......I can't wait me and my husband have been waiting soooo long to have a baby......

Old 08-20-2004, 03:22 PM   #4
    jenyfer24

jenyfer24 HB User

hpt is home pregnancy test. It is an acronym that is used so that you don't have to type the whole thing out. It gets pretty confusing with all the abbrieviations and acronyms that people use. I think there is a thread on the infertility board up at the top that tells you what all of them stand for. If not there is one for sure on the pregnancy board somewhere near the top.
    Just wanted to let you know!!!

Old 09-01-2004, 09:48 PM   #5
    barton93
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

barton93 HB User

There are many things that can cause a hormonal imbalance. For me, it is a result of PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome). You may want to search the internet and learn about it and see if you have any of the symptoms. Some of them are as follows: irregular periods, infertility, hormonal imbalances, weight gain (mainly in midsection), excess hair growth on face and sometimes other areas.........etc. You can have some of the symptoms or all of them.

Old 09-02-2004, 05:43 AM   #6
    sallyko

sallyko HB User

A major factor are environmental chemicals in our food, water and air - heavy metals, herbicides, pesticides, plastics and many other poisons - that mimic estrogen once they enter our body. It has been reported on several news programs (CBS, The Discovery Channel and others) that the common tin can is inadvertently supplying us with unwanted, estrogen-like hormones - a result of a chemical reaction over a period of time between the tin and the plastic inner lining. These unwanted cumulative chemical additions are believed to have dire consequences within our bodies, adding a synthetic steroidal hormone which directly interferes with the normal function of our Endocrine System. Our body is fooled into thinking it is real estrogen and acts as if there is an estrogen excess in the system, creating an imbalance.
    There are lots of factors which cause hormonal imbalance.
    Poor diet, eating too much junk, processed food, lack of exercize, overweight, underweight, using all kinds of birth control which mess up our endocrine system.
    I hate contraception. Especially when a woman starts her sexual life too early she is offered birth control pills or shots. It's time when woman's body gets prepared for being a Mother, all these pills and shots prevent the endocrine system from developing. You know it's against the nature.
    We know that whatever is against the nature it's against us people. I'm not saying we have to stop discovering new technologies but at least let your body take its own course.
    The environment is already polluted and it has a great impact on our health. So, we need to try to reduce the risk of getting sick or having some infertility issues at least by eating properly, avoiding non-organic food, eating organic food mostly, plenty of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, exercizing, drinking plenty of water, sometimes tea (black or green which rejuvenates our system)...
    First of all I'm against the all methods of birth control. The best way is a natural way of preventing pregnancy. BC pills, shots inhibit ovaries, causes anovulation, long-term infertility. I can't understand how doctors can neglect it and offer young girls, women all these stupid pills, shots. They kill their young body, the body natural functioning, stop the endocrine system from developing right way. There are countries in Asia where women start their sexual life a little bit late or stay virgin till marriage, so they don't use pills or shots to prevent pregnancy before marriage since they don't have sex before marriage. And I was in one of those countries, there is no problem of infertility, I mean it's not as epidemic as it's in Europe or USA. And over there people don't use GMO food, they eat fresh organic food.

Last edited by sallyko; 09-04-2004 at 10:52 AM.

Closed Thread