It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• anyone respond well to clomid then switch to injectables?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-16-2004, 11:55 AM   #1
    DSAK143
    Inactive

DSAK143 HB User
    anyone respond well to clomid then switch to injectables?

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone responded well to clomid then switch to injectables? I used clomid for two cycles...my last cycle I had 9 mature follies and I got the BFP...then had a m/c. I really don't want to return to the clomid because I had bad side effects from it. However, I am worried that since I responded with 9 on the clomid that I may over stimulate from the injectables. Anyone else?

TIA,

Doreen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2004, 08:02 AM   #2
    DSAK143
    Inactive

DSAK143 HB User
    Re: anyone respond well to clomid then switch to injectables?

Nobody? I guess I'm the only one who's foolish enough to spend the extra $$ just to avoid the side effects..ugh I was hoping for some advice......

Old 09-20-2004, 12:26 PM   #3
    Mmshelll
    (female)

Mmshelll HB User

Hello. I have done about 7 cycles of of Clomid, 5 of which did IUI. All cycles produced a great amount of eggs, but no pregnancy. This month started injectables for IVF and on Cycle Day 7 only had 3 follicles - RE said I should have about 10 so cancelled cycle. Not sure why I did so well on Clomid and so terrible on the injectables. Just wanted to let you know that your body can respond differently to each med. I have side effects from Clomid, but didn't noticed any from the injectables (Lupron, Repronex and Follistim).

Good luck!

Old 09-20-2004, 06:59 PM   #4
    Jenna510

Jenna510 HB User

Hi Doreen,

I started with clomid only when we were trying 3 years ago. I went from 50mgs (nothing) to 100mg(still nothing) to 150mg and finally I had one viable egg. We tried IUI but it was unsuccessful. The next month I did 150mg again and 2 viable eggs, we tried naturally and were unsuccessful.

Three years later we are trying with meds again. This time my doc gave me 50mg clomid with pergonal shots. I did clomid day5-10 and pergonal shots days 7, 9, 11. My internal sonogram showed 3 mature eggs. I was very pleased that it worked so well without hardly any side effects. I was actually a little hesitant but I guess my doctor did know best. I did the hcg shot 12 days ago and the IUI 10 days ago. I am currently on progesterine (which I have a lot of physical reactions to). I thought my pregancy test was going to be today, but doc thinks that the hcg shot 12 days ago might interfere with accurate results. Now I have to wait til Thursday. I feel all the symptoms of pregnancy thanks to the progesterone suppliments, so I can't tell what is the hormone and what might be real. Good luck! Jenna

Old 09-21-2004, 05:42 AM   #5
    DSAK143
    Inactive

DSAK143 HB User

Thank you girls for your advice and experiences... There's a part of me that wants to stay with the Clomid, just because i know it works...not to mention the extra $$$ for the injectables...(even thining about all those shots..ugh!)but Clomid really had me going nuts... I think if I KNEW that I'd get that BFP right away I would do it again...but not knowing is the hard part. I think that I'm just going to have to follow my re's advice and deal with whatever I need to.

I wanted to wish you girls the best of luck...and hope that you all also get your BFP's real soon!

BABYDUST~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    &
    STICKY BABY VIBES!!!

Closed Thread