It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Still not pregnant.. trying clomid

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-27-2005, 11:23 AM   #1
    ChocStar
    (female)

ChocStar HB User
    Smile Still not pregnant.. trying clomid

Hello everyone this is my first time joinging a message board. I have been trying to concevie for 5 yrs. I just found out that I have PCOS. However, all of my sugar levels are normal, I am not obest. The only abnormalty I have is that my testosterome levels are way out of wack and my abnormal periods. I am taking Clomid this month, the 50mg. I used clomid in the past but lost hope and stopped trying for a while. Now I am more serious and prepared to have a child. My partner is very supportive and I am more calm and relaxed about the whole situation. I know in the past I never conceived because I was trying too hard and got stressed over negative results.

Is anyone else on Clomid or have success Cloimd stories?

Does anyone else have high testosterome levels also?

My blessing are with you all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2005, 12:17 PM   #2
    nastabasta
    Inactive
    (female)

nastabasta HB User
    Re: Still not pregnant.. trying clomid

hi,
    i was just diagnosed with pcos a few weeks ago. i was really suprised because i am not obese nor do i have any of the other physical symptoms, other than the irregular periods. i came off the pill in nov and haven't had a normal period since. my fasting glucose levels were high and my doctor says that i'm insulin-resistant. right now i'm taking 1000mg of metformin a day and will start with 50 mg of clomid after my period arrives. now i'm anxiously awaiting my period. it's cd28 and i'm praying that it will come in the next week so i can start clomid.
    i wish you the best of luck. are you on metformin/glucopahge also?
    another thing that has me freaked out is the fact that we have a much higher risk of miscarriage with pcos. i've been reading a lot and there are studies that say that taking metformin while you are pregnant can lower the risk significantly (like from 50% to 7%).
    anyway, hang in there. there are other women on this board who are currently on clomid.
    i just thought i'd say hi and tell you i'm in the same boat as you.
    take care and lots of baby dust to you.

Old 03-27-2005, 01:49 PM   #3
    tampa
    (female)

tampa HB User

Hi. This is my first post. I have been trying to get pregnant for over two years. i have unexplained infertility. I've been on clomid twice for IUIs. It made me a little moody but it was over in a few days. I'm not trying to scare you, just being honest. My doctor says if this last IUI doesn't work to try injectables with IUI. I don't know how much more i can take. Very frustrating.

Old 03-27-2005, 04:50 PM   #4
    mpassmore
    (female)

mpassmore HB User

Hi,

I also have PCOS and it's not fun. I am over weight, have high glucose, and have irregular peiord. The biggest thing for me is that I get really big cyst that cause a lot of pain. With my last cycle I had to be put on birth control so that the cyst would not grow any bigger and hopefully get smaller. You can only imagin how upset I was about having to go on birth control!! The good thing is that with my last appointment the cyst had gone away and I was able to start on my 1st cycle of clomid. My DH and I are really hoping for a miracle. We have been trying for almost 4ys. My prayers are with you because I now realize that I'm not alone with the proble with PCSO. Baby dust being sent your way.

michelle

Closed Thread