It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Sperm Analysis Results please read

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-21-2005, 03:54 AM   #1
    Fluffy2
    (female)

Fluffy2 HB User
    Unhappy Sperm Analysis Results please read

Hi guys,

I need some help here. My DH had a semen analysis done and he said the doctor said the results were just fine.

Problem is that after i read a copy of the results I see different diagnosis. It is clear that his sperm concentration is great and so is his motility. However the volume of ejaculate is extremely low and out of the normal range and so is the morphology (shape of sperm) which was 85% abnormal forms. I think this must have a huge effect on the quality of the sperm because I read that abnormally shaped sperm cannot fertilise an egg. If that is the case it is irrelevant of how many sperm he has if the quality is bad, I think, so please if anyone out there can give me some advice on this please send me a message.

many thanks

confused and sad

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2005, 07:23 PM   #2
    jadontusmommy
    (female)

jadontusmommy HB User
    Re: Sperm Analysis Results please read

Your DH told you the results of the test? Does your DH know that you have read a copy of the test results? If you answer is yes to the first question & no to the second, sounds like your DH didn't want you to know the truth. I don't know your entire story, but based on what you info you have given, that's my opinion.

Old 05-22-2005, 03:49 AM   #3
    Fluffy2
    (female)

Fluffy2 HB User

Thanks Jad

Sorry for not making myself clear. Yes my DH told me the doctor said the results were fine and yes he is aware that I read the results, however, I did not point out the numbers or the comment written at the bottom of the page. I asked him quite a few times, such as "what else did the doc say?" he replied "everything's fine". Maybe he thinks I can't read the results properly or what each count means. So when you say he is telling me something different are you agreeing that my diagnosis of those results are fairly correct. I only got this info off the internet, but I will be calling the lab on Monday to see if they would explain the results to me on the phone. I can't really take it to show to anyone as they are not my test results and I can assure you my dh will not come with me. he will only say that he has been and no need to ask another doctor's opinion. how bad do you think these results look? Appreciate your response.
    thank you

Old 05-22-2005, 10:01 AM   #4
    jadontusmommy
    (female)

jadontusmommy HB User

Well, info off the net can sometimes be inaccurate, but assuming that you trust DH to tell you the truth, I would assume the diagnosis is fine. Did your Dr. request the semen analysis? If so, next time you go to your Dr. bring the test results with you & ask their opinion on the results. I am sure that they will have no problem clearing things up with you, afterall you are the one trying to get pregnant, they asked for the test & I don't see why they would not interpret.

Old 05-22-2005, 04:14 PM   #5
    blondie301

blondie301 HB User

I would go to a different doctor and have the test done again or take the results to your doctor and ask him what he thinks.

Closed Thread