HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Infertility (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/infertility/)
-   -   Hysterosalpingogram - any advice? (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/infertility/293739-hysterosalpingogram-any-advice.html)

sammieP 07-24-2005 05:02 AM

Re: Hysterosalpingogram - any advice?

Hey Von, hows it going?

VonMc 07-24-2005 08:50 AM

Hi Sammie
thanks for thinking of me. Things are okay with me. I was devastated with that last negative test result, cried so much. I called the nurse the next day at the infertility clinic and she said that sometimes on clomid, the drug regulates for you months and then suddenley you will get a month like I just had where I was about a week and a half late. She said they get loads of calls like mine. The unfortunate thing was I had an idea I was late but had run out of ovulation sticks (I order them from the internet as they are cheaper). If I had had enough I would have kept testing and realised but I just assumed that I couldn't be that late ovulating. I thought I had probably hit the right day as the lines were getting darker.

Anyway, I had a holiday for a few days with my husband. We took our dog to Wales, it was beautiful and helped to relax me. So now I feel better and ready to try again!

The nurse said I can have follicle tracking this month to make sure clomid is still working.

Hows things with you?

sammieP 07-25-2005 01:51 PM

Ok, not too bad. I have a blood test next Friday and Monday to see if Clomid has helped me ovulate so we shall see but i have had terrible cramping these last couple of days one day on one side of my ovaries and the next day on another so im hoping it has helped.

Im getting very emotional at the moment and just want to cry every time i see a new born baby or think about having one of my own, i have been stupid and brought little bits and bobs for when it does happen and i think that it wasnt such a good idea as i keep looking at them which then just adds to the hurt more! (sorry to rattle on like a broken record)

It is our 2 year wedding anniversary next monday and we are going away for a couple of days, probrably Wales (we love Rhyader sp?) or we may take a trip down to Devon, i think we deserve a break even if it is only for 2 days.

Well, heres hoping for BFP's for us soon :) Good luck with everything and keep me posted.

Take care, love Sammie xxx

rjwambi 08-24-2005 09:58 AM

Hi ..I read your post and had to tell you....This test was my fav. My husband and I have gone through a lot of them in the past 4 yrs. It's really cool, because you prep like your doing and exray. They might use something to numb your cervix if they can't get the cath through. Then they inject this solution that you watch on a tv. Mine wen't all over the place because both tbes we're blocked and If I can remember right thats how they found my sists, fibroids, polips and septated uterous. I didn't have any cramping either. It's super interesting to me. Maybe thats why it didn't bother me...my mind was too focused on how cool it was.

Anyway...honey, GOOD LUCK. Don't be scared. You will do just fine!!!!!!

louiseb 09-03-2005 04:16 AM

:) Hi Sammie, How are you?
Just a little encouragement from me to help you on your way. Dont know if you remember but i was also on clomid ( and provera to start af) and i got pg on my 3rd cycle. I took 100mg for the first cycle then 150mg for 2 cycles the 1st 2 my prog was 1.3 but on the 3rd my prog was 29.3 which was an indication i had o'd (even though my gp said it had to be 30) i got my BFP on cd 13. I took my clomid cd 2 - cd 6. it was also the 1st month i felt any o like pains.

Just want to wish you and your DH lots & lots of luck,
take care
sending lots of baby dust your way
Louise x :)

sammieP 09-05-2005 01:31 PM

Hi Louise, nice to hear from you, my first reading was 1 on day 21 and 2 on day 23, i am awaiting this months results as we speak but i know i did not o' due to my chart.

I am now on my 3rd cycle of clomid at 150mg per day from CD1 - CD5, we shall have to see what happens, thanks for checking in on me an di hope you are doing well with your pg.

Kisses being blown to wales for you ;) (no point in sending you the dust now eigh, kisses will have to do;) )

sammieP 09-06-2005 01:42 PM

Im on such a low todaay, just want the world to suck me in :(

I had my results - but only one of them, last time i had a 1 & a 2 and so far this one is a 3 i should know the other one on thursday, the Clomid makes me feel NASTY as in moody and i want to kill every male species out there, a bit like PMT but more so! I understand that people have been through more than me but im so fed up of playing the waiting game, anyone else feel this way or am i being selfish?

I so want a family, altough me and DH are but its something we both want so bad, maybe if we stop wanting it will come to us, who knows? All i know is that i feel down and just about ready to give up on everything! :( :( :(

P.S Sorry for rambling on!

Kerrywm 09-10-2005 07:42 PM

HI!

I just found out about the healthboards for a different issue, but thought I would pop in here to the IF board as well.

Anyway, I had an HSG done 3 years ago. I took the antibiotics and the advil ahead of time.

It is a minor procedure and very quick, but I will warn you I did have some discomfort. THey had some trouble putting the clamp thing on my cervix..which hurt.. but to top it off, One of my tubes/ovaries is kind of "floppy" (the techs term). It is open but kind of folded over. So the dye coming through caused quite a bit of pressure. I drove myself to the procedure, but after felt a little flushed and wooozy.. so I just had some water and relaxed on the table for a bit before I got dressed to leave.

So my advice.. advil.. and most importantly, try to relax as much as you can. THat will help!!

Good luck! It is definately a worth while test to go through!

Atl Vol 09-11-2005 04:15 AM

I had a HSG one week ago. As the other posters advise, take advil about 1 hour before and you may need some later in the day afterwards. My tubes were wide open, however, there was some discomfort with it. I looked at it as practice for labor! :) My doctor told me to focus on my breathing and to take long, deep breaths. This really helped to relax me and with the discomfort. It was very interesting to watch on the screen which also distracted me. Best wishes!

viking684 06-08-2010 01:15 AM

Hey SammieP, I totally sympathize and understand what you're going thru. I too, would like to vent. I have been ttc for 2 years, and just had a HSG a month ago, which thankfully went well. However, I have 5 sister-in-laws pregnant right now, and it has put me on an emotional roller coaster, esp when they ask me, "When are you 2 planning to have kids?". First of all, it's none of your business and secondly, if I wanted you to know about my personal life, I'd tell you. Sometimes, I get so frustrated, because I have 1 sister-in-law who married my husbands brother 2 years ago, just gave birth to their 2nd child. She got pregnant back to back. I've been with my husband 8 years, and nothing. It's emotionally draining for me, I'm just so blessed to have such an understanding and loving husband. He never fails to lift my spirits. He reminds me to be optimistic and keep trying. Best wishes to all ttc. It helps to know that I'm not alone.