It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Problems for the Future? Opinions greatly appreciated!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-04-2005, 12:35 PM   #1
    meltinginureyes
    (female)

meltinginureyes HB User
    Unhappy Problems for the Future? Opinions greatly appreciated!

Hello Ladies,

I have been a member of Healthboards.com for a little while now and have had this question on my mind....but didn't know where to place it for opinions or advice. I think I got it now!

I would like some of your advice on my current situation. I'm 19 years old and definitely thinking about my future a lot lately. I have been dating my boyfriend for about 6 months now. I have been thinking about children, however not interested in having any at this time. I really love my boyfriend, we have a great connection and I can see myself with him for awhile--but on thing has been on my mind!!! My boyfriend might not be able to have children.

Background on boyfriend- The last long term relationship he was in lasted about a year. This girl treated him horribly. I found out that she got intoxicated one night and decided to get very wild. When he tried to get her to calm down, she kicked him. Yup, she got him right between the legs. They went to the hospital and later to the doctor to find out that his sperm count was EXTREMELY low! This is not responsible on my part, but we have been having unprotected sex for the last couple of months. He has ejactulated in me every time. I have not gotten pregnant.

I am now just worried that I may not be able to have a child with him in the future if we stay together for awhile. I'm not a shallow person, nor do I only think about myself....but I'm just concerned.

I guess my question is that what is usually the outcome of a guy who has injury to his testicles and pregnancy in the future? Is there a possibly that my boyfriend is sterile now? Or may we need alittle help in the future? (possibly)

I would appreciate any feedback from you ladies!! Take care and Good luck to all of you who are trying for that bundle of joy!

Sincerely,

Brittany

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2005, 04:04 PM   #2
    qt314
    Veteran
    (female)

qt314 HB User
    Re: Problems for the Future? Opinions greatly appreciated!

This is probably a tough one Brittany. Most people on this board have been trying to conceive for some time. Each has a different story.

You are quite young, but never to young to think about a family. You should be concentrating on your relationship rather than being able to get pg or not. Whether a man can have a child or not, should not be a determination of getting married. There are many ways of having a family.

If you read through some of the threads, you'll see many couples who have male infertility issues. Low mobility, low sperm count, etc. Each taking whatever methods can be taken. Both IUI and IVF are successful with this problem. Both can be expensive, with IVF costing more than $14,000 in most cases. Neither method should be taken into lightly. But you should know there is hope. In most cases, there is hope. Modern medicine is phenominal.

My story.....I waited until I was 41 to have a child. Because I'm single and older, I had to go the route of IVF. It was a long and hard process that resulted in one miscarriage. This due to the age of my eggs. But I'm happy to say I'm now 7 weeks pg and doing well. So in my case, with older eggs not being so great, IVF worked for me.

Hope this helps.

Closed Thread