It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

10 day post trans pos test/bleeding

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-09-2006, 11:50 AM   #1
badgers
(female)

badgers HB User
10 day post trans pos test/bleeding

Hi, I hope everyone is doing ok. How bad is it that I am 10 days post embryo transfer. At home pregnancy test positive. Blood test positive, but only 33. Lab test done today, yesterday started cramping and bleeding. Presently not has heavy as reg cycle but definately not spotting. Dr says to come back Friday for repeat labs. In reality, what are the chances of this working out? This is emotionally killing me. I didnt want to believe it, then I did believe it, and now this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2006, 02:00 PM   #2
sharon6
(female)

sharon6 HB User
Re: 10 day post trans pos test/bleeding

I know you had a blood test, but for other reading this board, a home pregnancy test should not be taken early. is If you had a trigger shot, that was pregnancy hormone!!! They use this as a substutite for LH (ovulation hormone) because they are structurally almost identical. It takes about two weeks to leave your system.

The good news is that bleeding and cramping also is not meaningful. Both of my IVFs featured bleeding a couple of days before my blood test was scheduled. Both times I was pregnant. It was implantation spotting. (I never had a baby but that's another story beside the point.)

My clinic considers anything over a 5 to be positive. They've had someone come up with a 6 who ended up with a baby.

Cramping is to be expected because of what was done to your ovaries, and if you do end up pregnant it can actually get worse. My first IVF was a beta of 55, and I was very uncomfortable around testing time. My second was 84 and the cramping was worse.

Last edited by sharon6; 05-09-2006 at 02:06 PM.

Old 05-09-2006, 02:02 PM   #3
sharon6
(female)

sharon6 HB User

Also one of my fertility docs bled as if for normal periods throughout one of her pregnancies, and nothing wrong. It is very frustrating but wait to see how the beta changes. It's very hard once you finally get that positive, to find out that the waiting and agonizing is not over by a long shot.

Old 05-09-2006, 03:27 PM   #4
badgers
(female)

badgers HB User
Question Re: 10 day post trans pos test/bleeding

You hit it right on the head. I thought well once the blood test was done I would have an answer. But the cramping is bad. When exactly is implantation supposed to occur? The trans was 10 days ago. So Im 2 days past my period, with a positive serum test, sore boobs, but really bad cramping and the bleeding is odd. Deep red. (sorry about being so descriptive). Im just so upset., and my DH is acting like a moron. He is like well just dont get upset and wait till Friday for the repeat test. Great advice, now if I could just figure out how. And this far past using the meds (almost 2 weeks) would your ovaries still be sore? Thanks for your advice and best of luck to you. :

Old 05-10-2006, 05:04 AM   #5
cmarie313
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmarie313 HB User

When I was pregnant, I had my blood test and cramping started then I did start to spot lightly. This went on and off for the next few days. I repeated my blood test and it went from 68 to 149. They were happy with that and I was going to come back in a week for the first ultrasound. I ended up having a miscarriage before the ultrasound. So, I totally feel your pain and nervousness right now! But, please remember everyone is different. Like Sharon said, people bleed through their whole pregnancy. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and pray really hard that everything will work out for you and your baby!!!!!!!!! Take it easy these next days and try to keep your feet up if you can (that is what my doctor's office told me to do when I started bleeding?)...
Big sticky baby dust for you!
cmarie

Old 05-10-2006, 06:31 AM   #6
ravaemarie
Senior Veteran
(female)

ravaemarie HB User

badgers - to answer your question about your ovaries being sore...I did not go through IVF, but I did IUI with Repronex and my ovaries were sore for 4-5 weeks after my IUI. After all the stimulation you've put them through, expect them to take a while to get back to normal.

Best of luck to you and BABY DUST!!!

~Ravae

Old 05-10-2006, 07:14 AM   #7
sharon6
(female)

sharon6 HB User

They will be sore for awhile, considering that they have been made to grow from the size of an almond to the size of an orange and the presence of more hCG can irritate them even more.

Old 05-11-2006, 01:07 PM   #8
Just~A~
(female)

Just~A~ HB User

I totally feel for what you're going through, too. I've heard women say that they, too, had bleeding, but went on to a successful pregnancy. Two years ago I unexpectedly became pregnant (after 8 years of infertility - we had given up hope or trying). Once I took the pregnancy test (I'm sure many of you out there know how painful it is to test and see that negative result!!) after 7 days late, I started spotting 2 days later, and within 10 days had the severe cramping and some bleeding (m/c). Unfortunately, taking it easy is about all you can do, and wait to do the blood tests for the levels. I'm sorry dh doesn't understand. It's on our minds all the time. How can it not?

~A~

Closed Thread