It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Clomid & fertility monitor... questions!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-16-2006, 08:56 AM   #1
    Elektrykeye
    (female)

Elektrykeye HB User
    Clomid & fertility monitor... questions!!

Today is CD10 for me and my ClearBlue Easy monitor asked for a test... it came back as 'high fertility'. I'm just trying to figure out if this means the Clomid is working and that I will ovulate or wondering if I should just ignore the 'high' reading. Does the pill itself cause a false 'high fertility' reading?

Has anyone else used a monitor with Clomid? If so, did you ever get 'high fertility' readings without getting a 'peak'?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2006, 10:20 AM   #2
    sobannon
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sobannon HB User
    Re: Clomid & fertility monitor... questions!!

Clomid should not affect a fertility monitor, although it has been a while since I have used one. It may be detecting the beginning of your surge. If your doc is doing u/s and bloodwork, you may want to call them, especially if they plan to trigger you.

Amy

Old 12-16-2006, 05:05 PM   #3
    Elektrykeye
    (female)

Elektrykeye HB User

I'm not having an u/s or bloodwork... I'll just meet with my doc at the end of the cycle. I took Clomid from CD3-7... hopefully it was ok to do the monitor test today. I'm just hoping it works! If it means that the Clomid is causing a rise in estrogen, then that's a good sign, right? I mean, before this month, I've only gotten "low fertility" readings on the monitor.

Old 12-16-2006, 05:32 PM   #4
    sobannon
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sobannon HB User

I THINK that the fertility monitors only detect your LH surge which indicates the either impending ovulation or ovulation itself. I don't think that it detects a rise in estrogen although I may be wrong. However, if the Clomid is helping your eggs to grow and mature, that is a good sign.

BTW - if the monitor is telling you high fertility, you should go ahead and BD. So nice to have a DH on call for these inconvenient times......lol

Amy

Last edited by sobannon; 12-16-2006 at 05:35 PM.

Old 12-16-2006, 06:05 PM   #5
    laura_lynn
    (female)

laura_lynn HB User

Oh! We could be cycle buddies! I am CD 11, took Clomid days 3-7, and am only getting low fertility readings.... grrrr. My hubby is not being very patient on waiting to BD! But, I think you should BD your hearts out! Good luck!

Old 12-16-2006, 07:29 PM   #6
    Elektrykeye
    (female)

Elektrykeye HB User

Yep, we could be cycle buddies!! My DH works so much that we pretty much have to schedule time to BD LOL... And, even though he's happy to try to have a child, he's nowhere near as obsessed (err... excited) as I am, so he isn't willing to drag himself into bed to BD every night for a week or more (heaven forbid ::grrrr:. I pretty much have to wait until the monitor says 'peak fertility' and then he'll make time. It sounds strange, but that's how it is with his crazy schedule. I can't say that I really blame him, but I do wish he could get as excited as I am. Oh well!

Good luck!

Old 12-18-2006, 05:02 AM   #7
    ngolden
    (female)

ngolden HB User

This is my second cycle on clomid and second cycle using the monitor. Last month, the monitor started reading high on day 7 and stayed that way for like 2 weeks (I didn't ovulate that cycle). This cycle, the monitor asked to test a day later and is still saying low on CD8. Is that normal? I know clomid is supposed to cause early highs so now I'm worried it's not working.

Old 12-18-2006, 03:10 PM   #8
    Elektrykeye
    (female)

Elektrykeye HB User

I wouldn't worry too much. I've talked to people who did not experience 'false high fertility' days while on Clomid. I think it probably depends on the person and the cycle. Did you increase your Clomid dosage this month?

Old 12-23-2006, 06:55 AM   #9
    ngolden
    (female)

ngolden HB User

Has anyone's fertility monitor refused to work and displayed a brush symbol. No matter how many times I clean the thing it won't accept a test. Any suggestions?

Old 12-23-2006, 07:31 AM   #10
    Elektrykeye
    (female)

Elektrykeye HB User

Yeah, that means you need to gently clean the contacts. I used a q-tip... the manual suggests that you use a small amount of water as well. I didn't use water... I just ran a q-tip through the testing slot once and then turned it on to see if it had worked and it did.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:21 AM   #11
    dancingnancy102
    (female)

dancingnancy102 HB User

I was looking over this thread and am new to taking clomid and using a CPFM. I had a miscarriage in February. Had a short cycle--18 days with no ovulation in April. It was my first since the miscarriage. CD 10-18 all read high fertility, then I started my period. Started taking clomid this month CD 3-7. I'm on day 14 and the monitor is still reading low fertility. It's very confusing to me because I've read so much with people getting more high fertility days on clomid. Has anyone else had this happen?

Old 05-17-2010, 04:17 PM   #12
    amynyc
    (female)

amynyc HB User

I called the 1800- number b/c I got the same reading from my monitor. They said you can not use it with Clomid. I freaked out but my doctor said as long as I bed every other day starting with day 11 - day 16 I should have been ok. I was and became pregnant but I suffer from these awful antibodies and lost it 7 weeks later. BUT you need to use the pee on a stick clear blue testing not the monitor with clomid. Call the 1-800 number and they are very helpful

Amy

Closed Thread