It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Hydrosalpinx

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-14-2007, 01:51 PM   #1
    sunny72
    (female)

sunny72 HB User
    Hydrosalpinx

Hi everyone. I am new here. I was wondering if there are any other people with hydrosalpinx's and can provide insight or stories. Here's my story:

We tried to conceive our daughter for three years before we were successful. I had a laproscopy in 2003 that showed one hydrosalpinx. We tried an IUI in August 03 that failed and our second attempt we had to abandon due to hubby having a zero sperm count that month (he had been sick with pancreatitis). He was put on cholesterol meds and we conceived naturally three months later..: . So we had our beautiful daughter in 2004. We have been trying for No. 2 for over a year. I just had a HSG which showed patent tubes but bilateral hydrosalpinx. From what I am learning this is one of the most detrimental conditions for implantation and miscarriage etc.. I realize how lucky we were the first time to even have our daughter. My gynecologist is acting like she is happy that the tubes were clear, but she maybe doesn't know as much about the toxicity of the condition. I think we will be looking into getting a RE lined up after we get my husband's new SA test results this week.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2007, 07:07 PM   #2
    ASPROUSEY05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ASPROUSEY05 HB User
    Re: Hydrosalpinx

hi, i just wanted to welcome you to the board, and i think its great if you start to see an re, they are much more proactive then gynos!!! and congrats on your first daughter! i bet she is such a blessing.. i cant give you any insite on hydropl... (sorry i forgot how to spell it but i wanted to welcome you and i hoope you find support here Aimee

Old 01-16-2007, 09:34 AM   #3
    jobeth12
    (female)

jobeth12 HB User
    Re: Hydrosalpinx

Hi Sunny72.

First off, congrats on your daughter, that is great!

My DH & I have been ttc for over a year and found out my tubes were blocked when I had an hsg. I have two bilateral hyros and after going to a couple of REs, we have made the decison to remove my tubes and head straight to IVF. My Dr. wants my tubes removed since success with IVF is much greater without them as they feel it can hinder implantation of the embryo due to the fluid possibly being toxic.

It was a tough call as it feels so final, but I have all the confidence in my RE. Definitely go talk to an RE as Aimee said they know a lot more and can better guide you.

Good luck with everything.

Closed Thread