It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Frozen Embryo Transfer!!!!!!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-15-2007, 08:53 AM   #1
    sunflower74554
    (female)

sunflower74554 HB User
    Frozen Embryo Transfer!!!!!!!!

Hey girls,

I just wanted to start a new thread. I am so excited I am finally having my FET tomarrow Friday,March 16th. I am so ready to get this done and have a pregnancy test. I shure hope it works. This is my first FET. I had IVF in 2002 and it was successful. They transferred two and both took and I now have twin boys. They are the lights of my life. I just hope I can give them the expeirence of having a little brother or sister. One of my boys keeps telling me he wants two. I am only transferring one,in fear of having twins again. But that is too sweet. And the other one tells me he wants a baby sister. Its so cute when he says it. It doesn't matter to me what we have as long as it works and is healthy.

I will keep everyone posted on how it goes and any results I may get. I will probably take a HPT after a week. So I will post the results I get then, but my blood test will be 10 days after the FET. Keep everything crossed it works!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to the other girls going through FET.I hope you get yours and they are healthy.

Asprousey, I was wondering if you were having you FET today. I remember you were suppose to have it on the 15th, I shure hope everything is still on schedule. I will be praying for you.....

Sincerley,
    April Key

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2007, 09:01 AM   #2
    Mapia74
    Inactive
    (female)

Mapia74 HB User
    Re: Frozen Embryo Transfer!!!!!!!!

April I wish u all the luck in the world.I really hope u get ur BFP.I will keep u in my thoughts and prayers.Keep us posted.

Mapia

Old 03-15-2007, 09:02 AM   #3
    cmarie313
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cmarie313 HB User

Hi April!

Congratulations on the FET!!!!! This must be so exciting. How wonderful that your IVF worked and both embryos took to give you little twin boys That is so inspiring to hear! I am doing my first IVF cycle right now. The transfer is on Saturday (day 5 transfer) we will also be putting back two! I could only hope for twins

Why did you decide to only do 1 embryo? What are the chances of both taking if you put back two with a FET?

I can't believe how soon after the FET the blood test is!!!! I have to wait 12 days from the transfer. Please keep me posted on how it goes. Best of luck to you !
    cmarie
    *Olivia Grace born 10/23/07...our little miracle!

Old 03-15-2007, 09:13 AM   #4
    deluka96
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

deluka96 HB User

Hi April,

I responded in your other post but want to wish you luck again on FET!! That is so wonderful you have twin boys. I would love to have twins. Easy for me to say I know. But after all this IF I would take quadruplets!! I will be starting IVF very soon and was very inspired by your story! I hope all goes well.

Kathy

Old 03-15-2007, 09:22 AM   #5
    TryN2BMommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi April, I responded in your other post too but just wanted to send more positive vibes your way. That is so wonderful your first IVF worked. I'm so happy for you!!! Your boys must be just wonderful. I really hope you can add to your family with this next cycle! Good Luck!

Holly

Old 03-16-2007, 06:57 AM   #6
    ASPROUSEY05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ASPROUSEY05 HB User

hi april i to responded in your other post but i also wanted to wish you all the luck int he owrld here.. there can never be too much luck and prayer, right!!! and yes i did have my transfer already and im now officially in the 2ww!!! i will admit im hopeful, but im sooooooooooooooooooooo scared!! anyway, as ususal i will be praying for you, and for youtr baby boys to have a little bro or sister!!! <3 aimee

Old 03-16-2007, 10:22 AM   #7
    Golds
    Veteran
    (female)

Golds HB User

Hey April
    Good luck and wish your sons dream true of having another brother or a sister soon. Best wishes Golds.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:31 PM   #8
    sunflower74554
    (female)

sunflower74554 HB User

Hey everyone I just wanted to let you know that my transfer went great today. The first embryo they thawed couldnt have been any better. So now the wait. I can't wait to know the results. Thanks for all the support.... I will keep you posted... April

Old 03-17-2007, 10:16 AM   #9
    Kari15
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kari15 HB User

April, that's wonderful!!!! I'm so glad the transfer went well. It must be very exciting to have it over and now just await the news of a hopefully successful implantation! Please do keep us updated on the results and get some rest for now and good luck!!!!

Old 03-17-2007, 03:44 PM   #10
    TryN2BMommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

April, that is great!!! I really hope it works out for you. What a blessing it would be. Lots of luck to you.

Holly

Old 03-18-2007, 12:20 PM   #11
    deluka96
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

deluka96 HB User

That's great April!!! I hope the wait does not feel to long and that it leads you to a great BFP!!!

Kathy

Old 03-21-2007, 05:45 PM   #12
    Golds
    Veteran
    (female)

Golds HB User

April / CMarie / Aimee - hope you all three are doing good and anxiously waiting for the results...hang on ladies, we are with you to celebrate the good news

Just an update after my doc's appoint on 3/19 -
    I had quite a good number of developed embies and my doc feels coz of more embies, there is a possibility that they made a wrong pick in picking the best embies. He feels there is nothing wrong with my uterus and he is very optimistic that there is a great chance of me getting preg.

Here is my protocol for FET-
    I will stop taking BCP on 3/31.
    wait for my periods to come - sked an appoint on Day 2 or 3 for B/w and u/s
    after the results, I will start Del Estrogen shots (Intramuscular) - I will be taking these shots every 3rd day
    Sked an appoint for B/w and u/s (do not know after how many shots)
    after the results, start Progesterone shots (Intramuscular) plus continue Del Estrogen shots.

Once I complete 5 days on Progesterone shots, the final transfer will be done but the sad part is my cervix is little high so transfer will be done under sedation and my DH cannot be in They need to put a stitch below .
    I have 7 frozen embies and planning to put 2 in. Hope this time, I succeed as I am really loosing hope - have had 2 BFN fresh IVF cycles so keeping fingers crossed this time.
    No Lupron shots and all.

April -
    My Protocol is gonna be very different from yours. I did ask my doc for Lupron shots and he said no other shots at all.

C ya
    Golds

Old 03-21-2007, 08:11 PM   #13
    sunflower74554
    (female)

sunflower74554 HB User

Hi Golds,

It sounds like you are on your way. I cant believe that they have to put you under, and I dont blame you that does sound pretty painful and they have to put a stitch. Where and how come??

Well I have some early news. I am a little impatient and I have been taking a HPT every morning since my transfer. LOL!!This morning when I took a E.P.T HPT and it was a light BFP, to confirm like 3 hours later I took a Fact Plus and it was also a BFP and I took another Fact Plus and it was even a darker BFP!!! YIPEEEE!!! I know that I am crazy for taking one every morning but I just wanted to try. It has only been 5 days since my transfer,so wow. Monday is my beta. So I can find out what my levels are and everything. I am so excited!!!

April

Old 03-22-2007, 05:50 AM   #14
    TryN2BMommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

WOW April, that is so early to be seeing BFP!!!!! You must be jumping out of your skin with excitement! That is so great!!!!!

Holly

Old 03-22-2007, 07:30 AM   #15
    Golds
    Veteran
    (female)

Golds HB User

WOW April....my heart stopped beating out of joy !! Monday is not too far...oh no, I need to hold my horses..I am already so excited
    BTW, CMarie and Aimee's Beta should be next week too.
    We need to pray really hard and keep everything crossed!
    sending lots of luck and wishes to you all.
    Golds

Closed Thread