It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• painful IUI

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-10-2007, 01:47 AM   #1
    cris~30
    (female)

cris~30 HB User
    painful IUI

Hi everyone
    I was just wondering those who have had an IUI (clomid + hCG shot) done was it painful and what did you experience? I have had three done (last Saturaday was my third) My first two were extrememly painful with lots of bloating, cramping and abdominal pain. I could feel when the egg release ... ouch! But with the third IUI I experience nothing which was strange. Has anyone ever expereince the same?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2007, 07:27 AM   #2
    JAM82
    Veteran
    (female)

JAM82 HB User
    Re: painful IUI

[QUOTE=cris~30;2911844]

Hi There ,

I know exactly what you mean. I have,so far had one round of iui and i felt i could really feel my overies working and at times it was quite painfull, dont worry too much. If it is really really painfull take paracetamol if that doesnt shift it call your doctor. Try not to stress!

Let us know how you get on.

x

Old 04-10-2007, 08:42 AM   #3
    bellalilly
    (female)

bellalilly HB User

I too had a painful experience with my first Clomid/IUI/HCG procedure. The initial 5 days of Clomid were fine. However after the Ovadril injection things became more uncomfortable. I associated with the IUI procedure but I think it was the O I felt so much. I had tons of cramps, bloating and I wondered how I could go through this over and over again. The day before my PT I was greeted (sadly) with AF. It was a bad period full of bloating and pain where my largest follicle was. I felt everything. I'm curious if you are on the thin side? My RN said that thinner women often feel their ovaries enlarging more than heavier women. I am now going THurs. for HSG test and then next month plan to start Gonal for the first time. I pray that Gonal's side effects are not as severe. Good luck to you. I do feel better now that my AF is over. A little more like myself. good luck again. I feel for all of you experiencing this. lizzie

Old 04-10-2007, 12:23 PM   #4
    cris~30
    (female)

cris~30 HB User

Hi there
    It was indeed painful but I got through it. I actually called the doctor this morning and asked if it was normal that I did not have any pain this month and the nurse said it was perfectly normal and does not necessarily mean that it did not work. We will see in a couple weeks if it worked ... if not I have an appointment to discuss FSH treatments which are pretty much the same as an IUI but only with different medication and more injections, ultra sounds and blood tests. Hopefully I will not have to get to that step. Thanks again for responding and I wish you the best!

ps.- I am probably overweight by 15 pounds or so which started because my thyroid was not working. I am taking medication which has stabalized it but still cannot seem to lose the weight. I have to do blood work this week to make sure my thyroid medication does not need to be change

Take Care

Old 04-10-2007, 02:28 PM   #5
    bellalilly
    (female)

bellalilly HB User

Hey, the weight might help lessen the side effects. Maybe that's not true? Who knows these days? I have struggled all my life with being over-weight and lost ALOT(80 pounds) of weight and have kept it off(with alot of exercise and will power) for almost 17 years now. Now when I here the Rn say that thin women(in her experience)"feel everything"...I'm a wonderin' why I've worked so hard. I'm trying to hang in there and if hungrier than usual I try to turn to good choices. However, chocolate has been calling me from everywhere!!! Good Luck to you, lizzie

Old 04-12-2010, 06:27 AM   #6
    Jewels41880
    (female)

Jewels41880 HB User

Well ladies my IUI is today, I am so scared. I will post later and tell you all how it went! Thanks for all the support!

Old 04-13-2010, 07:15 AM   #7
    Jewels41880
    (female)

Jewels41880 HB User

My IUI was yesterday. It wasn't painfull at all! It was a little uncomfortable, and felt alot like a pap smear. I do have alot of bloating and discomfort now. I think it's ovulation. I go in for another IUI on Wed. Good luck everyone!

Old 04-13-2010, 11:06 AM   #8
    PosThoughts
    (female)

PosThoughts HB User

Good luck. My fingers are crossed for you.

Sarah

Old 04-14-2010, 11:22 PM   #9
    tikam
    (female)

tikam HB User

Good luck, I'm thinking postive thoughts for you, glad it was not too bad. I'm headed in for mine on Friday, we can wait together!

Old 04-16-2010, 03:26 PM   #10
    Jewels41880
    (female)

Jewels41880 HB User

Tikam, I hope yours was as easy for you, as mine was for me! Good luck. Now the hard part (for me at least), the two week wait. I'm sending good thoughts your way!

Old 04-17-2010, 02:33 PM   #11
    tikam
    (female)

tikam HB User

Thanks! The IUI was fine, painless and uneventful thus far. I had a little bit of bloating and discomfort, but not bad. Now, just waiting. I'll go back on Wed. of next week for blood test and hcg shot, then I'll schedule when I come back for preg. test. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. How are you feeling so far?

Old 04-18-2010, 07:27 PM   #12
    Jewels41880
    (female)

Jewels41880 HB User

I'm feeling pretty good. I have moderate OHSS so I'm a little uncomfortable. But over all I'm hopefull it will work! I go for my PT on the 28th. I'm glad to hear you are doing well! Good luck to you!

Old 04-19-2010, 10:00 AM   #13
    tikam
    (female)

tikam HB User

I had the moderate OHSS last month, it was uncomfortable but not as bad as I thought it would be, I was so afraid by all the warnings of the potential severity. It was more frustrating to be more restricted. I'm guessing my PT will be on the 29th or 30th. Hope you have a good week! Heres to staying distracted while we wait

Old 05-03-2010, 11:59 AM   #14
    Jewels41880
    (female)

Jewels41880 HB User
    Thumbs up Re: painful IUI

Tikam, it's been a while since I've posted. About 12 days after my IUI, I started to suffer from OHSS again! But it only lasted about a week, and went away when AF arrived. So I'm sad to say I got a BFN. But we will be trying again as soon as all the cysts on my ovaries heal. I hope you are doing well and got your BFP! Good luck everyone!

Old 05-03-2010, 08:05 PM   #15
    tikam
    (female)

tikam HB User

Hi there, so sorry to hear about the BFN, always so dissapointing. This process is such a roller coaster, I remember feeling like it was even more difficult after having OHSS because it just seems like if there are enough in there for that to happen than one of them should hit. Well, I too got a BFN, but my AF came the day after, so I had gotten really excited, thinking it wasn't coming and then got the bad news. We are taking this month off from meds, doing acupuncture and some herbs I did not try before, then we will either start trying ivf or iui again in June or possibly wait until Aug. because of some travel plans. Really don't want to wait that long, but we also know we will be miserable if we cancel everything we have planned (some are peoples weddings) just to be home and have ultrasounds. Hope you heal quickly and get things moving again!!

Closed Thread