It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Provera and Clomid

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-21-2007, 08:56 PM   #1
    sweetcuteangl04
    (female)

sweetcuteangl04 HB User
    Provera and Clomid

I am a 22 year old female. My husband and I have been married for 3 years, and have a 3 year old daughter together. We are trying to have another baby. I have been off of the pill for 2 years now and we are not successful. I was prescribed 10mg of provera for 5 days...and on day 5 to start taking clomid. Well today is day 5 and a took the last provera and the first clomid. Is there anyone that has had the same method done to them? Does this really work? How many says until I will start my period. And my doctor told me that on day 14 to start having sex.. that is from day one of the provera right? Not day 1 of my period? Is that right? Can someone please help???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2007, 09:43 PM   #2
    Mapia74
    Inactive
    (female)

Mapia74 HB User
    Re: Provera and Clomid

Hi Sweet sorry to hear u are having problems.Now I am almost positive it is on day 14 day 1 being ur period not ur provera.Most women ovulate around day 14 so my guess is day 1 of ur period now every women is different and u should ask ur doctor to make sure.I would also suggest having sex starting day 10 and then every other day have sex thats what most doctors suggest.To make sure u cover ovulation.Good luck and I hope I helped a little.Keep us posted.

Mapia

Old 04-29-2007, 08:30 AM   #3
    Colleen77
    (female)

Colleen77 HB User

I have been given provera to also jump start my period ....Only on 3rd pill and nothing as of yet..I hope this works!

Old 04-29-2007, 04:10 PM   #4
    Colleen77
    (female)

Colleen77 HB User
    Unhappy Provera

I have just been put on provera b/c I stopped taking birth control pills about 5mos. ago & have yet to have a period. When will they start working...I am only on the 3rd pill. Mly doctor suggested we also try clomid??? Any one in the same boat??? I am 29 & married...no other pregnancies.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:15 AM   #5
    Kari15
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kari15 HB User

Hi Colleen, about a year ago I had a very delayed period and sadly was not Preg. My doc put me on Provera for 7 days and then AF came on about 10 days later. I think it can differ by a couple days for everyone. I have heard that some people take it for 10 days and then get AF 7 days later. Also, I thought I should mention that I was taking clomid when this occurred, so I wouldn't rely on the clomid to regulate your cycles. Good luck!!!!

Old 04-30-2007, 06:57 PM   #6
    HeatherJoy
    (female)

HeatherJoy HB User

Hi Colleen....

I'm kind of confused about the time line of your medicines.

I've been put on provera four times in the past to start my periods. I would take the provera for 10 days, and AF would normally start on day 10. Then, that day that AF came would be day 1 of my cycle, and I would start the clomid day 5 of my cycle, and take it through day 10....and start BDing on day 10, every other day, through day 18.

I'm sure your RE has some method of his own, but this method worked for DH and I, as I am now 7 weeks pregnant.

Heather

Closed Thread