It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Very upset and hopeless-long post!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-25-2007, 09:49 AM   #16
    Ariesladi25
    Inactive
    (female)

Ariesladi25 HB User
    Re: Very upset and hopeless-long post!

Thanks guys,

I know that all i want is to be a mother. My gyno did tell me i shouldnt make being a mother my identity,just in case.and then she said i am not trying to set you up for disappoinment,but in general you cant focus your idenity on having a child... i know she is right,but in my eyes not having a child would leave a huge void that nothing could ever replace.... i dunno...so many feelings and emotions. i wanna thank all of you again who have replied and took time to respond, it means so much!

thanks and take care,
    ariesladi25

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2007, 11:32 AM   #17
    CBB
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

CBB HB User

hi Aries.
    I am glad you are seeing a doctor and getting some initial tests done. IF is sometimes like a puzzle, with many different pieces that have to fit together to become pg. i tell all the new girls on here the same thing...it could take months or even years for you to get pg, you cannot get frustrated or back out after just a few tests because there is a lot of testing that goes into an infertility workup for both you and DH, and you must have patience. a lot of IF treatment is trial and error. You'll see on this board women doing many many IUI's, lots of IVF's, and it doesn't always work on the first try. you must keep on trying if your dream is to have a child. IF can be a very long journey and for most of us this board has helped a great deal in getting through all the rough patches. So stick around, update us on your progress and know you've found friends here. Good luck!

Old 05-25-2007, 01:23 PM   #18
    Ariesladi25
    Inactive
    (female)

Ariesladi25 HB User

thanks cbb and everyone else,

I know it is a long process. But i am prepared to stick it out this time. I know i must lose weight. I guess seeing a therapist wouldnt be a bad idea as well. How do i start and get in the frame of mind,that says you are gonna lose the weight and stick with that. I dunno. i have lost weight before and i know what i have to do,i just need to do it. Im scared i guess that i am going to be diagnosed with something bad,like a tumor or cancer.

I just am depressed when i see a woman pregnant or get invited to a shower. Im sure you guys know what i am talking about.
    I will definatley keep you updated!

thanks again,
    ariesladi25

Old 05-26-2007, 03:30 AM   #19
    JAM82
    Veteran
    (female)

JAM82 HB User

Hi,

I too have pcos and have been ttc for 3 1/2 yrs without success i have recently had two cycles of iui which failed unfortunateley however i have to keep going.Like you i have v irregular periods the first came at 17 went away for a year then came back maybe 2/3 times per year.
    I am remaining positve about the whole thing as theres nothing i can do about it anyway.
    I do think it sounds like pcos as weight gain,acne,hair and irregular periods are just some of the symptoms however you dont need to have them all i only have the weight and skin and period symptoms.
    Try not to worry too much abot it at least if you have it you can do something about it(isnt it better than it being unexplained?) and get the treatment thats right for you and maybe save yourself some heartache. and dont rule out being a mum i know it seems so far away but your getting closer everyday and look at posh spice! she has pcos and has three kids! theres hope for us all.

x

Last edited by JAM82; 05-26-2007 at 03:32 AM.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:31 AM   #20
    jelly2001
    (female)

jelly2001 HB User
    Post Re: Very upset and hopeless-long post!

Good Luck to all! It's nice to have a place to vent and get advice from women who know. Have a 5 year old daughter. Misscarried twins at 4 months about 2 years ago. My cycles are irregular. Tried clomid for 7 months due to one test that showed my levels were low. Last clomid cycle was in August. Made me feel fat and witchie as well as decline in mucus. Husband's test showed low count and mobility but could have been due to tight undies , caffine, and chewing tobacco. We have done away with all three. Trying on our own since then decided to try IUI today, without clomid. doctor thinks levels are good without it. Wondering that if this is not successful if we should go back on clomid before next IUI. Thanks to everyone for sharing and baby dust to all . Any thoughts on how to prepare for today?

Old 06-06-2007, 06:44 PM   #21
    rubynz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rubynz HB User

Hi Jelly

Sorry I can't give you any advice on your IUI as I have never had one but I just wanted to wish you luck. I know what you mean about the clomid, I am taking it for the next three cycles (days 3-7) and this month it made me terribly moody and depressed. It was like I had really bad PMT. I try to tell myself that it must be doing something good if it affects me so badly.

Anyway, hang in there and good luck!

Ruby

Closed Thread