It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• ?'s about HCG Trigger and Clomid - Doc says time to do both

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-18-2007, 11:09 AM   #1
    bonosred1
    (female)

bonosred1 HB User
    Question ?'s about HCG Trigger and Clomid - Doc says time to do both

Hi all. I'm new here...my DH and I are trying for # 3. I have PCOs - it took 3 years trying naturally followed by 3 months of clomid at 50mg, then 3 more months at 100mg of clomid.to get pg with first DS...

Time goes by we're ready for #2 thinking it'll take another 6 rounds of Clomid...nope 1st round of 50 we got lucky and now have DS #2.

Okay so many people out there think - "Wow two kids - you're lucky, they're healthy, stop there!" True I am blessed and they are wonderful and I love them to death. We just want a large family. So we've been trying for # 3 for the last year and a half or so. No luck trying naturally...so I've taken 2 rounds of 50mg clomid after Provera to start cycle each time, no luck. Followed again by 2 more rounds of Provera and 2 cycles of Clomid at 100mg. Still no luck despite lots of BMS! No ovulation this month either at least according to those stupid OPK's I'm addicted too. (But I did O in the month prior - why does my body do that?)

So I met with my doc yesterday and this is what we've decided...I'm now 35 it's push-come-to-shove time. I'm to start Provera yet again (oh joy!) then I'm to do 150 mg of clomid days 3-7 come in for a U/s around day 10 to look for mature eggs then depending on what they see I'm to get a HCG trigger shot or come back for another u/s then shot....

Okay, I'm a little concerned here! 150mg of Clomid seems like a lot to me (not to mention to my wallet - insurance doesn't cover it). I know that by taking Clomid there is a slight risk 8-10% for multiples. Does that % go up with the increase in mg of clomid? Does my chance for multiples increase with a HCG trigger shot? (I mean true I want a large family but not triplets or higher at one time!) What kind of symptoms can I expect from the HCG? How soon after can I test and not get a false +? Does it usually work the first tme around?

Thanks for your help...I'm just looking for some first-hand knowledge on this.
    Baby dust to you!

PS - I'm also on 1000mg of Metformin a day.

Last edited by bonosred1; 05-18-2007 at 11:15 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2007, 11:19 AM   #2
    Amy 333
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Amy 333 HB User
    Re: ?'s about HCG Trigger and Clomid - Doc says time to do both

Hi

Welcome once again

Glad you followed my advice i am sure that you ll find the support you need from the wonderful women on this board.

AMy

Old 05-18-2007, 09:51 PM   #3
    mariella
    (female)

mariella HB User
    Re: ?'s about HCG Trigger and Clomid - Doc says time to do both

Welcome to you, you will find lots of support and kindness here as I have found. I am ttc number 4, and was worried how I would be looked apon from alot of first time ttcers, because I already have kids, but everyone here is so nice and supportive and don't make it an issue at all.

Best wishes to you.

Closed Thread