It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Having a bad day

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-21-2007, 01:07 AM   #1
    Amy 333
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Amy 333 HB User
    Having a bad day

Hi

This am was surfing the net and found a site with people who have my same blood condition .....i do as much research as possible because since i live on a small island i am the only one with this condition at such a young age so info is limited here.
    Well i came across the pregnancy stories and most were so negative . Nearly all had premature babies since this condition makes you more prone to infarcts in the placenta.Some were advised not to get pregnant others had repeated m/cs. I knew i had greater risk of m/c and i ve been through one myself already but literature actually said its a 50 /50 thing. there are also complications which may put my life and the baby s at risk.
    I know it wasn t going to be easy but sometimes it s difficult to breath.
    On the other hand i know of quite a few success stories and i try to hang on to those but somedays its not easy especially as its proving to be so hard for me to actually get pregnant.

To make things worse tomorrow i have an important exam and can t sem to concentrate at all.

Amy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2007, 01:39 AM   #2
    eurokelly
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

eurokelly HB User
    Re: Having a bad day

Oh Amy, I am so sorry you are having a rough day. Let me tell you though, whilst research is good initially, just keeping looking at this stuff is not a good idea for your sanity. I promise you, the internet has so much information you could find a site to argue black is white. Look at the problems we all have ascertaining which progesterone number is good - so much conflicting information is out there!

I am sure that with your blood condition it is possible that you will have a tough time ahead fulfilling your dream - but it is also possible that you will be the success story very soon no? This IF stuff is hard, I know that, and on days like today you need your friends being positive for you, so thats what we'll do!

You deserve to be a wonderful mummy and IT IS going to happen for you. You must try, for one day, to put all of these negative thoughts out of your head, take the pressure off yourself and focus - this exam is important

You have to relax honey - maybe start by putting the books down for 1/2 hour, go for a walk, have a quiet think, and then come back and put the baby stuff away in your mind just for a few hours.

Wish I could help you more, just know that you will get your baby xx

Kelx

Old 06-21-2007, 03:46 AM   #3
    ASPROUSEY05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ASPROUSEY05 HB User

hey amy, i just wanted to tell you i am soooo soooo sorry you were having a bad day yesterday. to read those stories must have been really tough, but try and hold on to the positive ones!! and i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!! <3 aimee s

Old 06-21-2007, 05:20 AM   #4
    magster04
    Veteran
    (female)

magster04 HB User

Amy, Sorry to hear you're having a rough time right now. As encouraging as you are to all of us! I agree with Euro, there's just as much of a possibility you'll have your baby as not. Focus on the positive and trust one day you'll have your little bundle of joy to hold. Just want you to know we're thinking of you and we're here for you

Vi

Old 06-21-2007, 05:23 AM   #5
    CBB
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

CBB HB User

Hi Amy.

i am sorry you were having a bad day. I do lots of reading too and it can be very discouraging sometimes. I guess the best thing in this situation is to remain positive. First tackle getting pg. then we'll handle a preemie if it comes. now check this out...my RE has about a 50% success rate with IVF. so before i did my first i thought, how can i not get pg with a 50% chance? well it didn't work. so now i tell myself the first time i was in the 50% not to get pg group so for my second time i will have to be in the 50% to get pg group. that's 50/50 to me. so maybe you were in the 50% to m/c group before and your next time you'll be in the 50% not to m/c group? i know that is flawed logic but it could actually work. i really hope your doc can help you achieve a pg really soon. Keep thinking of the good stories when you get down. we'll be here to cheer you up.

Old 06-21-2007, 05:25 AM   #6
    TryN2BMommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Amy, I don't like seeing you down girl. I'm so sorry to hear you were disheartened by all those stories on the internet. Like Kelly said, there is so much conflicting information out there, sometimes it can do more harm than good. I know it is important to be your own advocate when dealing with serious health issues, and I commend you for being so proactive in searching for knowledge about yours. It is important to know what may be in store for you. But it is also important to keep the faith and stay positive. You just may be the next success story.

I will be thinking of you and hoping you have a better day ahead of you. Good luck with your exam.

Holly

Old 06-21-2007, 07:26 AM   #7
    twinkiezinger
    Veteran
    (female)

twinkiezinger HB User

Hi Amy

I'm so sorry you've been down. My friend's sister went through IVF and put something into perspective for me since I've been feeling down also. I think it will apply to your blood condition. Most of the people's stories we read, or even communicate with on these boards, are those who are going through difficult times. Those who are achieving pregnancy, or fighting other conditions, don't post their "good" stories nearly as much as those who are struggling. So of course the research you are doing is turning up stories of those who are struggling...and looking for support and help. Those who aren't struggling don't "need" to post looking for as much support because they aren't having a difficult time. I sure hope that all makes sense.

I'm sure by the time you see this you will have already taken your exam, so I hope everything went well

Good Luck on everything in your future, you are such a caring and supportive person. I always find your advice to everyone so sensible and honest.

Christin

Old 06-21-2007, 08:11 AM   #8
    Mapia74
    Inactive
    (female)

Mapia74 HB User

Hi Amy I am so sorry u are feeling down.I cant imagine how hard this must be on u.IF alone is so hard and then having these health issues as well can just be so hard on someone.But u must stay positive and believe in god he will do right by u.I keep u in my prayers everyday sweetie and I know one day u will be a wonderful mother.Take care.

Good luck on ur exam.

Mapia

Old 06-21-2007, 08:28 AM   #9
    PrincessSweetNS
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

PrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB User

Oh Amy, I'm s sorry to hear you're having a hard time. We all have hard days, but knowing that doesn't make it any easier... but just stay positive. Euro is definitely right, sometimes Internet research does more harm than good. There is so much conflicting information out there, and sometimes, more often than not, sites seem to focus on the negative. But for now, hun, let's focus on getting you pregnant, and then we'll worry about other things. And you WILL get pregnant. Just have stay positive....and I know it's easier said thn done.... but it goes a long way. We're praying for you and I know one day you'll have your arms full with a bundle of joy!

Old 06-21-2007, 08:44 AM   #10
    deluka96
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

deluka96 HB User

Hi Amy,

I havn't been on but just came on today to see how things are going for you all. I am so very sorry that you had a bad day. Sometimes that internet information and hearing all those sad stories can really get us down. I can see that living on a small island can make you even more tempted to read their stories but just remember this....it is their story not yours...your story is still in the writing so all those things bad things that happened to others may not happen to you. I feel for all they have went through and I hope to god that will not happen to you. I am sure it was so scary and overwhelming to read all of that. That is why personally I am trying to detach myself from all of this a bit as it can be all so consuming and worrisome when things cont. don't work for us. If you can try to keep busy with other things a bit to see if that will help...I know it's hard believe me but if you can try it may help a little. Hang in there sweetie you haev always been so kind and caring to me and I wish there was more I can do to make you feel better. Good luck on your test....I am sure you will do just fine ok!!

((((Hugs)))

kathy

Old 06-21-2007, 10:19 AM   #11
    darkwater
    (female)

darkwater HB User

Amy, I feel for you. I know you must feel so overwhelmed by this problem. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think this disorder that causes women to have multiple miscarriages is called antiphospholipid syndrome (APS), which causes you to have a tendency to form more blood clots of all kinds, but for pregnant women it interferes with the blood supply in the placenta which then makes one miscarry. Is this what you have?

I can only imagine how heartbreaking it must be to actually get pregnant and then loose the child. And yes, knowing and reading about all the potential problems can be so discouraging. It does feel like you actually cannot breathe some days, like there is no oxygen anywhere and you are smothering under the weight of this stuff. I have lupus, and one of the main problems women with lupus have when they are pregnant is APS. To know one has problems not only getting pregnant, but may likely have problems staying pregnant just feels so unfair. Just to know that there are some people who understand sometimes gives one a little air to breathe.

But while you were reading all the negative stuff, I hope you also read that knowing you have this disorder ahead of time is half the battle. Most women only find out they have it after they have miscarried and lost a precious child. If you know you have it ahead of time, then they will give you anticoagulants to try to assure that you won't miscarry, but nothing is %100. Even then, you may still have to have a c-section to take the child early.

Bless you and be encouraged that you can get through this. I don't think there is nothing more worthy of all the heartache we go through than bringing a child into the world. I hope in the end, you are rewarded.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:28 AM   #12
    Kari15
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kari15 HB User

Oh Amy, hun, I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling down. I agree with many of the others that sometimes the internet does more harm than it does good. And it always seems like the sad stories surface more often than the good ones, which is unfortunate. I know that it must be scary with your condition when you stop and think about some of the negative "what ifs". But there are good stories and some positive "what ifs" and I hope we can help you focus on the good stuff. You will be a great mom one day, and I am so excited for the lucky little baby that will one day call you mommy. I've got you in my prayers and wish you nothing but the best cause sweetie you deserve it! (((hugs))) to you!!!

Kari

Old 06-21-2007, 04:10 PM   #13
    rubynz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rubynz HB User

Hi Amy

I hate to think you are feeling so upset. You are the most wonderful, supportive person and I really do consider you to be a dear friend who has helped me through some tough times. I totally echo what the other ladies have said and hope that your story has a happy ending. I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you dealing with IF on top of your thyroid problem and I really do pray that you have a healthy pregnancy and baby one day soon.

I hope your exam went well and that you are now at home relaxing.

Love Ruby

Old 06-21-2007, 06:17 PM   #14
    dawn4323
    (female)

dawn4323 HB User

Amy,
    Sorry to hear you are feeling down. I come on this site every so often and rarely post anything. Sometimes its comforting to know that others are going through what you are going through, and you don't feel so crazy!!
    What type of bleeding condition do you have? Just curious, because I have a rare blood disorder as well and have read some discouraging things on line.
    Hope you are feeling better.
    Dawn

Old 06-21-2007, 09:44 PM   #15
    Mapia74
    Inactive
    (female)

Mapia74 HB User

Hi Amy sweetie just thinking about u and wanted to drop u a note and see how u were feeling.I really hope u are feeling a little better.Know u are always in my thoughts and prayers sweetie.

(((HUGS)))

Mapia

Closed Thread