It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Just did my first iui

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-25-2007, 08:51 PM   #1
    awaitingchase
    (female)

awaitingchase HB User
    Talking Just did my first iui

I'm a newbie. I was diagnosed with Pcos in January. I've been through 3 cycles of clomid and provera a number of times to bring AF. I took FSH shots for five days. I just had my iui today. I'm suppose to have a second one tomorrow. I had two follicles that were large enough. One was 15 and one was 15.9. I thought they were to small but my estrogen level had jumped from 395 to 1045 in two days. They said that meant that my body was ready to ovulate. I hope it goes well. I'm excited but I'm trying to stay calm just in case it doesn't happen.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2007, 08:52 PM   #2
    amelu
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

amelu HB User
    Re: Just did my first iui

Good Luck, take care and relax and let those eggies do their work. Wishing you a BFP this month AimeeM

Old 06-25-2007, 09:12 PM   #3
    awaitingchase
    (female)

awaitingchase HB User

Thanks aimee. I'll keep you posted.

Old 06-26-2007, 07:03 AM   #4
    PrincessSweetNS
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

PrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB User

awaitinchase, I'm so excited for you! When do you find out anything? BTW, how did the procedure go? Just relax and let your eggs do their thing. I'mppraying for you! *******BABY DUST**********

Old 06-26-2007, 10:56 AM   #5
    Stacey4iu
    (female)

Stacey4iu HB User

That's really exciting! I hope you'll keep us posted. It's so hard to wait, isn't it!

Old 06-26-2007, 12:19 PM   #6
    cris~30
    (female)

cris~30 HB User

I am so excited for you ... I wish you all the best

Old 06-26-2007, 12:50 PM   #7
    Amy 333
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Amy 333 HB User

Really hope that everything will go smoothly for your 2nd IUI and this cycle will result in a BFP.

Keep us posted,

Amy

Old 06-26-2007, 03:08 PM   #8
    awaitingchase
    (female)

awaitingchase HB User

Thank you for all the support. The iui went really well. I did one on Monday and another one on Tuesday. They wanted to make sure they covered a 48 hour period after the hcg shot. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We had to go in an hour early so they could wash the sample so it would be more concentrated. They used a catheter to insert the sample it felt like a pap smear just a little uncomfortable. I have to go back this coming monday to get an ultra sound and blood work. I'm not sure what they will be looking for because I think it would be a little early but you never know. They told me that the blood work is to check my estrogen and progesterone level to insure that my body continues to prepare for a pregnancy. If the levels are low they will give me a shot to help my body continue to produce the hormones. At seems like the next six days are going to be forever. I'm on vacation and now I want to make a long "to do list" to keep my mind occupied. I can't hold it in I'm soooooo excited.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:37 AM   #9
    PrincessSweetNS
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I'm so excited for you!!! Definitely think up a big 'to do' list to keep your mind occupied. But don't move furniture or anything It seems like everything is going right on track! I'm thinking about you and sending loads of ****** BABY DUST******

Old 06-27-2007, 12:31 PM   #10
    awaitingchase
    (female)

awaitingchase HB User

One day down. (I don't know how to add the smiley faces to my responses) My dh sent me to get a manicure and a pedicure. It's been ages since I did that. My friend came to visit me for a week and just went back to NY this morning. So I decided to go right after I dropped her at the airport. My dh is at work, and I'm on vacation. It was going great until the nail tech who was doing a pedicure for someone else next to me started talking about her prenancy, she is two months and this is her second child. Her client then said that she had three boys and that they wouldn't try for any more. I was excited for them but at the same time it made me wonder if i was pregnant and very anxious. I refocused on my pedicure and the massage chair, and began to relax again. Now it was time for my manicure. This cute little 2 year old came running to the person sitting next to me and leaned her head on her mommy. The nail tech who was doing my nails was the husband of the women who is two months pregnant. He said to the mother itn't that the most precious thing. He began to relay to both of us how he had to run for the ice cream truck for his little daughter when he went home yesterday. I must say it bought a smile to my face. It made me more hopeful but anxious at the same time. But on a side note I loved how they did my feet and nails. It was really sweet of my bh especially since we have really tried to budget for the fertility treatment due to the fact that my converage only pays for a small amount.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:11 PM   #11
    Mapia74
    Inactive
    (female)

Mapia74 HB User

Hi Chase I am a little late but wanted to wish u luck with ur IUI.Sounds like a great gift from DH a little pampering is always nice.As for how u put the smiley faces on look at the right side of ur screen when u are posting it has all the icons u just click on the one u want to put on the screen. Well good luck again and take care.

Mapia

Old 06-27-2007, 01:18 PM   #12
    PrincessSweetNS
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Awaiting, how lovely to go have a manicure and pedicure! And even more lovely that it turned out very well. how sweet of DH to encourage you to treat yourself! You were surrounded by children! Perhaps it is a good sign!! I sincerely hope so! I will be praying for you, and pleeeeeeeeeeease keep us updated, okay? ****BABY DUST****

Old 06-27-2007, 07:13 PM   #13
    awaitingchase
    (female)

awaitingchase HB User

Thanks for the support mapia and princess.

Princess you're right maybe it was a sign, you really help me to be positive.

Mapia thanks for your help. when I do the quick reply it doesn't display the icons. I only saw the icons when I started a thread. I'll keep trying to figure out.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:34 PM   #14
    mariella
    (female)

mariella HB User

Hi Chase, I just wanted to wish you all the best for a BFP this month, I have also just had my first iui and am in the 2ww, trying not to think about it, but it's always on my mind. Best wishes to you.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:14 AM   #15
    Anja1980
    (female)

Anja1980 HB User

Wishing you all the best girlie. You should have faith that it will work. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Closed Thread