It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Frozen embryo transfer

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-28-2007, 06:33 PM   #1
    Tiff24
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Tiff24 HB User
    Frozen embryo transfer

Hi ladies. I hope you all don't get upset that I'm here. I haven't been on since May of 2006. Hubby and I were married in '04 and started trying to get pregnant about three months after. My dr. immediately put me on fertility meds because of a history of bad endo and surgeries. He sent us to an RE after only a few months of trying 'cause I developed softball size cysts on my ovaries. We tried 4 IUI's and ended up doing InVitro and had a beautiful boy 10 months ago. Monday we had an appointment with our RE to schedule a frozen embryo transfer. I'm really hoping you all can give me some understanding and a little encouragement. Yesterday was a really bad day. I became depressed and felt like I was moving in slow motion. All the old feelings of failure came back. I just feel worthless that I can't do this without a bunch of dr's help. I had no idea that these feelings stay with you even when you're trying for your second.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2007, 06:49 PM   #2
    Kari15
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kari15 HB User
    Re: Frozen embryo transfer

Hi Tiff, First let me tell you do not think for one minute that any of us would be offended by your being here! It's great and inspiring that you had success with prior IF treatment! And I know many of us can relate to the frustration centered around all the intervention required just to GET pregnant! It really is unfortunate that conceiving is difficult for so many deserving parents.

Me and my DH have been TTC for 2.5 years. We had one cancelled IVF (due to over-stim) and my most recent fresh cycle did not get us pregnant. I am one week away from my frozen embryo transfer. Did your little boy come as a result of a fresh cycle? I can tell you that the frozen cycle is so much easier. My RE has fantastic success rates with FET's so I am very hopeful.

Lots of luck to you dear, and I hope that your little boy will be an older sibling VERY soon!!!!

Old 11-29-2007, 06:23 AM   #3
    PrincessSweetNS
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

PrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB User

Hi Tiff!! You're not offending anyone here at all! I'm sorry I can't help you with your sitution, because I've never had to do FET or IVF or IUI-- but I just wanted to say you are aren't offending anyone, and I'm SO glad your last IF treatment worked and you are blessed with a son! I hope you get your next BFP very soon!!

*********babydust***********

Old 11-29-2007, 07:17 AM   #4
    TryN2BMommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi Tiff,

I just wanted to welcome you back and add to the reassurances the other girls have given. Everybody is welcome here, and your past success doesn't offend anybody ~ like Kari said, it's inspiring!!

Lots of luck to you on your upcoming cycle, hun.

Holly

Old 11-29-2007, 10:25 PM   #5
    pinkie1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

pinkie1 HB User

Hi Tiff, so glad to have you! Please don't feel bad, you give us inspiration that all these IF chase running around can end up with a precious little one.

IF is hard no matter if it's the first time or 10th time. You are NOT a failure nor worthless! It's OK to ask for help and you always have us.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:06 PM   #6
    Tiff24
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Tiff24 HB User

I found so much comfort and strength when I was on here before and I'm so glad that I came back on. Thank you all so much!! It's comforting to talk to women who struggle the same way I do. Kari- yes, my little Aden did come from a fresh IVF cycle.

We had an appointment today with my RE for a day 2 ultrasound and we'll go back next Friday to see if my lining is thick enough so we're really keeping our fingers crossed!! The IVF clinic takes a month off from the middle of December to the middle of January, so we don't have much time to get it done before Christmas. The nurses sounded promising though.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:13 PM   #7
    Kari15
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kari15 HB User

Well that is very exciting! Sounds like your FET could be here very soon! Are they giving you something to help your lining along? I had my appt yesterday to check on my lining. They said it is a bit on the thin side but they are optimistic that when they check again on Monday I'll get the thumbs up to proceed with FET on Thursday! I hope everything works out perfectly for you this cycle! Def keep us posted!

Old 11-30-2007, 02:21 PM   #8
    Tiff24
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Tiff24 HB User

Oh, I sure hope you get to have yours on Thursday!! Did they give you anything to help your lining?

My RE had me start estrogen pills and then on Sunday I'm supposed to start using Estrogel. I had actually never heard of the gel, but whatever works!! Then I'm supposed to start Progestrone in oil injections, which I'm DREADING!!

Old 11-30-2007, 02:57 PM   #9
    Kari15
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kari15 HB User

I was given estrace. Started with one pill twice a day and now I am taking 2 pills three times a day. So I expect things will look much better on Monday. Mady, who just had a FET, was taking an estrogen patch and it seemed to treat her well. What form is the gel? Is that a vaginal suppository? I also have to start the PIO shots but not till Tues. Also NOT looking forward to those, but I'll do whatever it takes if it will work!

Old 11-30-2007, 03:11 PM   #10
    Tiff24
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Tiff24 HB User

I actually rub the gel into my upper arms. I sounds really weird, huh?

Old 11-30-2007, 03:40 PM   #11
    Kari15
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kari15 HB User

Wow, that is very interesting! Amazing how many different forms of estrogen are available!

Closed Thread