It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Provera and Comid

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-27-2008, 11:13 AM   #1
    PleaseResp08
    (female)

PleaseResp08 HB User
    Provera and Clomid

I have a daughter who was conceived after being off the pill 6 months and not getting a cycle less than 44days in that time. We are trying to conceive again and having the same issues. I have been off the pill for over 9 months and only had 3 periods in that time. my husband and i am trying to conceive. I had blood tests and my thyroxine levens were low. I was given a 7 day dose of provera with instructions to take clomid days 5-9 of my cycle. I started spotting 2 days after the provera course but this has been for 3 days. Do I start the clomid even though the period has only been spotting?

Last edited by PleaseResp08; 02-27-2008 at 07:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2008, 11:59 AM   #2
    PrincessSweetNS
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

PrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB User
    Re: Provera and Comid

Well first of all, welcome to the boards!!! I am not quite sure....it could just be breakthrough bleeding, but I don't want you to miss your cycle just because I say that. Have you called your RE office? What did they say?

Old 03-09-2008, 07:36 PM   #3
    PleaseResp08
    (female)

PleaseResp08 HB User
    Unhappy Re: Provera and Comid

Thank you for the reply. My endocrinologist agreed that it could just be breakthrough bleedings but to go ahead with the Clomid and see what happens. I am now hoping to have an LH surge to indicate ovulation so we can start trying with more idea than a "stab in the dark".

Old 05-27-2008, 05:59 AM   #4
    b82nmc
    (female)

b82nmc HB User
    Wink Re: Provera and Comid

My husband and I have been trying to conceive now for over a year. I stopped having periods about 3-4 months ago. Was started on Provera x 10 days and just finished my last dose last night. I have had no signs of bleeding yet. I am just wondering if I should be concerned or is there still hope? I have been prescribed Clomid as well, but of course am unable to start taking it until I have a period. I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:57 AM   #5
    PrincessSweetNS
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

PrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB User

Welcome b82! Well, provera sometimes takes a little while. I had to start on Provera, and it didn't work for me. So I had to use ratio-mpa (pregesterone) andtake it for 5 days. And 7 days later I got AF. And a long time ago when I use to take Provera, I'd take it for 10 days, but then have to wait 5 days for AF. So, everyone's different, and don't lose hope, dearest.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:56 AM   #6
    tictactalk
    (female)

tictactalk HB User

I was also prescribed with Clomid(5days/100mg) and provera (10days). But the thing is, I am already on my 3rd cycle of clomid. I started clomid this cycle on March 26. My OB advised me to take provera on Day17. I am starting it today. I learned that Provera has a bad effect on pregnant women especially with the fetus. What if I get pregnant this cycle while I was taking provera? Is this the correct prescription?

Closed Thread