It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• when to expect signs of pregnancy after IUI

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-30-2009, 12:16 PM   #31
    sandy1227
    (female)

sandy1227 HB User
    Re: when to expect signs of pregnancy after IUI

I am new to this board and I had my first IUI on March 24th. I am due for a blood test tomorrow morning. Not sure what to expect now. Can anyone relate????? Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2009, 11:22 AM   #32
    jsbassett
    (female)

jsbassett HB User
    1st IUI today now the wait begins

Does anyone know what to expect after IUI?

Old 04-02-2009, 07:54 AM   #33
    sandy1227
    (female)

sandy1227 HB User
    Re: 1st IUI today now the wait begins

jsbassett,

After your IUI today, they will have you come in a week after to do a blood test to check your pogestrone level. This will check if you ovulated the number needs to be higher than 15. After that you will go in again a week from your pogestrone test to do a pregnancy test. I am due for my pregnancy test on monday after my 1st IUI on the 24th of march. Good luck to you!!! Let me know how things go.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:28 PM   #34
    michigangrl29
    (female)

michigangrl29 HB User

You know sandy if you are getting a pt from the docs office you might just want to use the home version and save yourself some money. Good luck on BFP.
    Kimberly

Old 04-03-2009, 12:11 PM   #35
    sandy1227
    (female)

sandy1227 HB User

michigangrl29,

Well I asked the doc's office if I can take a pt @ home and they said they would still like to do a blood test to confirm eveerything is ok...something about the pregnancy not being in the tubes???? I am counting the day..I go in on Tuesday next week. I dont feel any different. Am i suppose to..just know I have been on edge and really bitchy!!!!

Old 04-06-2009, 06:50 AM   #36
    sandy1227
    (female)

sandy1227 HB User

michigangrl29,

Hope you had a good weekend. Have you taken a PT yet? My husband kept telling me to take a test over the weekend, but I was just too nervous!!! Plus the chance of it being a positive negative/negative positive!!! I go tomorrow to the doc’s office for BT so we will see. I have 1 question….are you suppose to feel any different? I have no signs or nothing…this is all so new…can ANYONE help or give me a bit more light. Thanks!

Old 04-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #37
    pearl1980
    (female)

pearl1980 HB User

Hi All,
    New here...I am 28 and DH 32..TTC since my first D&C in may 2007.All reports fine...Its UNEXPLAINED INFERTILITY..thts what the dr.said.
    Had my 1st IUI on april 4th morning at 10 am..was given HCG on april 3rd at 8.30 a.m and i was also on clomid from CD5-CD9..now i am taking PROMETRIUM...
    Can anyone tell me is 1 follicle good enough to get pregnant..I have read ladies saying they had 5,7 or multiple follicles after taking clomid...I had only one and RE said its a good size for IUI..this 2WW is really tough...Anyone successful with 1st IUI with clomid nd HCG and with just 1 follicle..

Old 04-07-2009, 05:08 AM   #38
    pearl1980
    (female)

pearl1980 HB User

Hi jsbassett,
    How are you feeling ...my first IUI was on 4/4 .I dont know what to expect..wht r ur symptoms..can u help me with ths...how many follicles you had at the time of IUI..i had only one so just wondering is it enough to get pregnant

Old 04-11-2009, 03:19 PM   #39
    katerina22
    (female)

katerina22 HB User

Hello Shereena,
    I'm in on my third day after my second iui. To be honest I am so scard that this one will fail also. What I wanted to as if you know...after your iui during your ovulation time, are you still suppose to feel like you're ovulating? You know, bloated, some lower abdominal discomfort, difficulty moving your bowels etc... I wish you the best by the way. I know the wait seems like a lifetime and the heartbreak you feel when seeing those signs of an oncoming period.

Take care.

Thanks Charlene,

You don't know how much I appreciate your emails, I have no experience in that at all, and I totally freaked out when I had this discharge, I thought everything went to the drain, if we were just trying like any other month I would have been a little disappointed if I am not pregnant, but after going through the IUI and being on medication before and after and all the preparations and timing everything and sonars, I felt very depressed. I am still getting dark discharge, so nothing to do for me now but to wait; I will contact my doctor this week if I don't get my period and will see what will happen.

Thanks again for all the support.

Have a wonderful day,

Shereena[/QUOTE]

Old 04-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #40
    OobieScoo
    (female)

OobieScoo HB User

I am new here! All the posts have been so helpful. I am 36 and did my first IUI with injectables (follistim) 10 days ago. Waiting is agony... I have a question...My cycle is usually like clockwork -- ovulate on the 14th day and start my period on the 28th. However, even though i usually ovulate on day 14, my RE waited to trigger me so I would ovulate on day 17. I guess to give the folliciles more time to grow. So if I am not pg, would AF arrive on day 28 still? Or later? My RE said NO HPTs...The suspense is killing me. I am so tired, nauseous and have sore boobs, but I think those are all also side effects for the progesterone... Has anyone else had this expereince? Thank you for reading. :-)

Old 04-29-2010, 06:08 AM   #41
    hopingforbaby1
    (female)

hopingforbaby1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by OobieScoo View Post
    I am new here! All the posts have been so helpful. I am 36 and did my first IUI with injectables (follistim) 10 days ago. Waiting is agony... I have a question...My cycle is usually like clockwork -- ovulate on the 14th day and start my period on the 28th. However, even though i usually ovulate on day 14, my RE waited to trigger me so I would ovulate on day 17. I guess to give the folliciles more time to grow. So if I am not pg, would AF arrive on day 28 still? Or later? My RE said NO HPTs...The suspense is killing me. I am so tired, nauseous and have sore boobs, but I think those are all also side effects for the progesterone... Has anyone else had this expereince? Thank you for reading. :-)
    OOBIE - your AF should come 2 weeks after "O" if that was the 17th then ... It's sad they had to mess with your perfectly good cycle!! I am on 2nd IUI and 9dp iui with Clomid only. I didn't get the trigger as my insurance wouldn't cover and it was $125.00. I had a lot of symptoms with my first one and did a blood test on the 2wks after my IUI and it was BFN. I was bummed because of all the symptom, unfortunately it was the Clomid. I did Clomid this time and all the symptoms are different this time but my BFN this morning makes me think it's still the Clomid.

Just wanted to let you know you weren't alone in the 2ww and easier said than done but - don't over analyze your symptoms, it's hard when you get your hopes up!

Good Luck and tons of sticky baby dust....to you!

Old 04-29-2010, 06:09 AM   #42
    hopingforbaby1
    (female)

hopingforbaby1 HB User

Pearl - 1 follicle is fine - my dr. says 1-2 lead follicles is all he wants. He's just trying safe to get us preg with 1-2 babies not 10..hahaha!

Good luck and baby dust to you!

Closed Thread