It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Infertility meds and migraine headaches

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-30-2008, 12:48 PM   #1
    Jennio
    (female)

Jennio HB User
    Infertility meds and migraine headaches

I am hoping someone can help me. I am on my third cycle of taking Clomid and Repronex, and these meds give me the worst migraine headaches. My neurologist thought I should me fine taking my migraine medicine--Imitrex--up until I ovulate and conception could occur. After that, she said I could not take it at all until I knew whether or not I was pregnant. My OBGYN, however, said I should not take the Imitrex at all while on the fertility meds. She advised just taking a narcotic. (Tylenol does nothing for my headaches.)

Does anyone suffer from the same problem, and if so, what has your doctor advised? Last night I was in so much pain with a migraine I was in tears, and by 4:30 a.m. I gave in and took the Imitrex. I am on day 6 of my cycle--my fourth day of taking Clomid--and now I am scared that I have ruined my chances for this cycle. Someone please help! I appreciate your advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2008, 02:41 PM   #2
    amelu
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

amelu HB User
    Re: Infertility meds and migraine headaches

Hi Jennio, I also suffered from migraines throughout fertility treatments and my pregnancy. My Perinatologist and OB said I could take tyelonol with some caffiene first , then if that doesn't work then they give me vicodin. But I wasn't allowed to use any migraine meds during fertility treatment or in my pregnancy so far. I use ice packs a lot and really try to avoid triggers.....but I feel for you, hang in there, maybe even try a massage? AimeeM

Closed Thread