It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• 3 rd IUI with Follistim - excited !!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-02-2003, 08:21 AM   #1
    skysam
    Inactive

skysam HB User
    Post 3 rd IUI with Follistim - excited !!

This is my 3rd IUI with Follistim..... I have had many IUI's but the was about 3 years ago. I took a 2 years break and now I'm back on my 3rd IUI since.

I am now on DC 4 -- I have took 4 cc's of follistim on day cycle 2 and 3. I go back to the doctor friday for a altrasound to check my follicles. I take 3 cc's of follistim tonight and tommorrow night. I can't wait to see my altrasound friday. I am just curious to hear what everyone else is taking before there IUI.

I find the follistim works well for me and I am very excited --- can't wait till next week . My doctor is going to put me on progestrone pills after my insemination. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2003, 08:35 AM   #2
    Colleywobbles24

Colleywobbles24 HB User
    Hello Sky

I just had my first IUI on Sunday and am currently in the 2ww. My last cycle which was my first time using injectables was with Follistim and I took 4amps per day for 7 days and then 6amps on my last day. I produced (9) mature follicles, my body responded wonderfully to the medication. We chose the route of timed intercourse but DH was very sick and we ended up with a BFN. This time around I used Gonal-F and responded nicely it just took a little more time than with the Follistim. I am also using Progesterone suppositories. Good Luck to you.

Amanda

Old 04-02-2003, 09:57 AM   #3
    gsjjs1

gsjjs1 HB User
    I had 2 vials for days 3-5, 3 vials for days 6-7, 4 vials for days 9-11. HCG Ovidrel day 12 and IUI day 14. Currently on 2 progesterone pills a day.

Old 04-02-2003, 10:12 AM   #4
    tmerone
    Senior Veteran

tmerone HB User
    Hi all,

Glad to hear that you have had good results from follistim. I am starting Follistim on Apr. 11. Hoping to get good results as this is my first attempt with injectables. I have heard that this medicine stings...is that true? also, any weight gain or other side effects?

thanks and good luck to everyone!

Old 04-02-2003, 10:54 AM   #5
    snoopysmine

snoopysmine HB User

Hi gals....

I am currently on my 2ww......I am scheduled for bloodwork next Friday..... I too was on Follistim 4 amps per day....My doc. says that my ovaries took a while to respond because of my PCOS......I take glucophage for that as well.... I am currently on 2 progestorone Supp. daily and I have to admit, time is dragging!!!!! (I had 4 good follies!!)

Follistim did burn for me...I wanted to cry each time i got the injection but I found that a good pillow to bite into worked pretty good!(LOL)

Good luck to you guys and baby dust to all!!

Old 04-02-2003, 02:03 PM   #6
    mommawannabee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mommawannabee HB User
    YAY! Good Luck Skysam!!! Here's the baby dance!!
    http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 04-03-2003, 06:34 AM   #7
    skysam
    Inactive

skysam HB User
    thanks to everyone's reply !!

Yes follistim burns --- I always said that when I have my baby I'm going to pop her or him in the head for being so stubborn !! HA ! Lots of luck to everyone !!

Old 04-03-2003, 09:12 AM   #8
    JodyC
    Senior Veteran

JodyC HB User
    Skysam, your comment made me LOL. I always said that my little baby isn't getting anything for first Christmas b/c I spent so much money getting him / her into this world! Now, I know his / her first Christmas is going to be this year! My EDD is December 6th!

Yes, follitim stings, but you get through it. Have DH take his time with the shot (or yourself, I could never do it myself). I found that by letting the medicine sit for about 10 minutes before I used it, it didn't sting as much. I did gain about 6 pounds in one month, not a good way to start out a pregnancy!

Old 04-03-2003, 10:22 AM   #9
    tmerone
    Senior Veteran

tmerone HB User
    Hi Jody,

How exciting to have a Christmas baby! That means you will be out shopping 8 months pregnant. lol. Hope all goes well for you. I guess I can handle the 6 lbs but I am worried about the 16 lbs from the repronex that someone else had mentioned. Gosh..injections, bloat, weight gain, etc.- Maybe I will have to bop my kid in the head also!!!

Old 04-04-2003, 06:53 AM   #10
    skysam
    Inactive

skysam HB User
    thanks everyone !!!!

and Jody -- I aggree with you -- not only I'm gonna pop him or her in the head ---- No 1st Christmas -- No 1st Birthday ........... Ha!!

Old 04-05-2003, 06:00 AM   #11
    ams37
    Inactive

ams37 HB User
    I am going on Gonal-F soon. 75 ml.. My doc said it was the same as FOllistim... SHe said its just a diff. company who makes the drugs.. They are very similar from what my re dr. told me... I start the injectibles in May. beginning of..then well do the iuis/injectibles. SHe said it doubles the chances!!!! good luck to u.. baby dust!!!

Old 04-05-2003, 04:02 PM   #12
    old flo 1
    Veteran

old flo 1 HB User
    I just had my 3 rd IUI todayand am starting my TWW.
    I was on Repronex with a lupron flare.
    2 shots a day.
    The Lupron was a very diluted amount and the needle is so small like an insulin needle that its no big deal . For some reason my RH does not believe in progesterone after the IUI . why does your DR recommend it ?
    I wish you luck hopefully 3 rd times a charm for both of us !!!! PS luck to all on the board

Old 04-05-2003, 06:36 PM   #13
    smsm
    (female)

smsm HB User
    I asked my DR before about pregesterone after IUI or after natural intercourse he said that it differs from DR to DR but my DR prefers to give progesterone in any case

GOOD LUCK TO U ALL LADIES

Old 04-07-2003, 06:58 AM   #14
    skysam
    Inactive

skysam HB User
    old flo 1,

The waiting is so hard ---- drives me crazy -- always waiting ---- waiting on your cycle to start -- waiting for the IUI day and then waiting again to see if your positive ---- alot of waiting !! CRAZY CRAZY !!

I take the progestrone after because on my first IUI I became preg. but my follicle didn't stay attacted. My doctor said that the only other thing he could of tried was progestrone right after IUI so he started me on progestrone my last cycle. My nurse at the RE had twins and she said that she truely believes in the progestrone because she was on it and she stayed taking progestrone after she became preg.

hope this helps !! keep us in touch !! I'll be on the 2ww soooooooonnnn --- ha waiting to wait !!!
    Lots of luck everyone !!!!!

Closed Thread