It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Retroverted (Titled) Uterus

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-18-2003, 06:00 AM   #1
    aeello

aeello HB User
    Post Retroverted (Titled) Uterus

Hi, I'm just have a couple questions.

does anyone here have a retroverted or tilted uterus? My mom has a tilted one and she was able to conceive pretty well (she had 5 kids) but she always had this tilt. I inherited a tilt too. At first, my dr wasn't alarmed b/c he said it was as common as being lefthanded. Actually when we did our first ultrasounds his comments where "Ooooh you're uterus is backwards"--try to imagine the panic a 19 yr old would feel when she hears that! My problem is that my tilt isn't pretty severe. Severe enough where he said maybe one day I would want to have a stick inserted in my vagina to turn it the right way to make conception easier.
    My problems currently are conception is difficult as well as sex is painful (too deep thrusting that is)....so can anyone help me with maybe their experiences?

aeello

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2003, 07:47 AM   #2
    lemondog

lemondog HB User
    Hi there. I have a retroverted uterus too. My ob/gyn said b/c of it, my cervix is tilted up higher than normal. He suggested when having intercourse DH should be behind me, and then pull out slightly when getting ready to ejaculate, and letting the semen spray the cervix. He said this was a better position for people with a tilted uterus, b/c if you have sex in basic missionary position and have DH thrust deep before ejaculating, then the semen pools at the bottom of the vagina and misses the cervix. Not that you can't get pg this way, but the other position is more conducive to getting pregnant. Once the sperm gets where it needs to (i.e. into the cervix) the tilted uterus will have no negative effects.

Of course, all that being said DH and I ultimately needed IUI to get pg b/c he has a low sperm count and motility.

Good luck!
    Angela

Old 09-19-2003, 09:32 AM   #3
    leighmarker

leighmarker HB User
    I was just recently told I have a tilted uterus also. RE didnt seem very concerned but said, they used to think it was a reason women didnt get pgt. but not anymore.....said it shouldnt affect fertility at all. I am not sure what to think

Old 09-19-2003, 03:11 PM   #4
    Hopefull2

Hopefull2 HB User
    Lightbulb

Lemondog, I'm curious how many tries at IUI did it take for you to get pregnant. We're trying our first next week and I'm very anxious, of course, for it to be successful. We have a similar situation with sperm count and motility. Count isn't too bad but they are sticking together plus low motility. Thanks!

Old 09-21-2003, 04:45 PM   #5
    Lucylou

Lucylou HB User
    I have a retroverted uterus, had four failed IUIs and then
    got pregnant on our own. Nobody seemed concerned about it and I didn't even know I had it until after the IUIs. My current OB/GYN said it usually corrects itself by the end of pregnancy. Hope that helps, but my best advice would be if you're concered, discuss it with your doctor. Good luck to you!

Old 09-22-2003, 12:32 PM   #6
    lemondog

lemondog HB User
    Hi Hopeful, we were actually lucky enough to conceive on our first IUI both times! The RE was shocked -- he gave us only 7-10% chance of IUI working b/c of DH's sperm count and motility. The first pg ended at 7 weeks in a blighted ovum, and we conceived again on our next cycle and are currently 12 weeks pg with twins. I also took Gonal-F to help me ovulate (I have PCOS) and improve the quality of my ovulations.

Good luck!
    Angela

Old 09-22-2003, 02:04 PM   #7
    warrens angel

warrens angel HB User
    Red face

HELLO LEMONDOG, I WAS JUST READING YOUR POST AND THIS SOUNDS SO MUCH LIKE MY SITIUATION. I JUST RECENTLY HAD A HSG DONE AND LUCKLY EVERYTHING CAME BACK NORMAL...BUT UNFORTANTALY MY DH COUNT CAME BACK REALLY LOW WITCH IS SO DISCOURAGING FOR US. I AM SUPPOSED TO GO BACK TO MY RE NEXT CYCLE WITCH WILL BE THE FIRST OF OCTOBER AND START CLOMID, THEY SAID I SEEM TO BE OVULATING FINE. I GUESS THE CLOMID WOULD JUST BE A BOOST. THEY HAVE ALREADY TOLD US WE WOULD HAVE TO DO IUI.I AM SO NERVOUSE.I ALSO WAS JUST DIGNOSED WITH A UTERINE 3 PROLAPSE SO THAT COULD BE SOME OF THE PROBLEM. WELL I HOPE TO HEAR BACK FROM YOU SOON, STACEY

Old 09-23-2003, 01:17 PM   #8
    lemondog

lemondog HB User
    Good luck Stacey!! I am praying your first IUI works and you get a BFP!

Take care,
    Angela

Old 09-24-2003, 11:23 AM   #9
    Dianna

Dianna HB User
    Good luck with your IUI, and hope you get BFP!!!!

Dianna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread