It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Clomid-estrogen-progesterone cycle question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-22-2003, 07:45 AM   #1
    Lori_in_MI

Lori_in_MI HB User
    Post Clomid-estrogen-progesterone cycle question

I'm new to this board - so bear with me. I typically ovulate every 3 months or so (don't even know for sure if I was ovulating or just bleeding). I'm on my first cycle with Clomid days 3-7, estrogen days 8-12, and progesterone vaginal suppositories. I ovulated on day 16 (showed ovulation pretty clearly with temp chart), started progesterone on day 18 (even though the directions the dr. gave me said to take it starting day 15, not allowing for anything other than day 14 ovulation!). I took a preg test on day 30 (day 14 after O) and it came back neg, so I stopped taking progesterone. I'm now on day 16 after O and, even though I haven't taken progesterone for 3 days, my temps are still high. This morning I had dry crumbly white discharge, which I've never had before. Any ideas what this is, and when I might get my period so I can start trying again?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2003, 02:56 PM   #2
    Dianna

Dianna HB User
    Hi! Sorry you are having problems with your protocal. Progesterone can delay your period, however, if you still have not started AF by now, I personally would test. Also, I would call your OBGYN and let them know you have not started. Good Luck!

Dianna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-26-2003, 03:05 PM   #3
    Dianna

Dianna HB User
    Forgot to address your discharge. Again it is the progesterone that causes it. Were you on progesterone suppositories, or injections? Suppositories can cause the discharge.Also,estrogen,clomid, and progesterone can all cause yeast infections. Hope that helps to answer your qustion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-27-2003, 09:25 AM   #4
    Lori_in_MI

Lori_in_MI HB User
    Dianna - thanks for the info. The nurse thought it might be a yeast infection, but there was no itching and it only lasted a couple days, so I figured it had to have been the progesterone, which is a vaginal gel. I'm glad to hear someone out there has heard of this with progesterone!

(I got AF the day after my original post, so on to Cycle 2!)

Thanks, Lori

Closed Thread