It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• IUI - positive pregnancy test, now negative

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-05-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
    kellylynn78
    (female)

kellylynn78 HB User
    IUI - positive pregnancy test, now negative

Hi Everyone,
    This is my first time on this site, but I am so confused and frustrated. My husband and I have been trying for almost 2 years with no luck. On Oct 23rd I had my first IUI, I tested positive with a home pregnancy tests on Oct 31st and Nov 1st (3 different brands of pregnancy test). Doctor confirmed a low positive (level 9) on Nov 2nd. On Nov 4th I took another home pregnancy test and it was negative!!! I called my Dr. and she said to wait until Nov 6th before another blood test but she thinks I will get my period today or tomorrow. I am praying that I am somehow still pregnant, but I worry that I am not.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #2
    kmscher
    (female)

kmscher HB User
    Re: IUI - positive pregnancy test, now negative

Did the doctor have you take a trigger shot (HCG)? This can cause a false positive on a hpt. Good luck. Let us all know.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:05 AM   #3
    km7503
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

km7503 HB User
    Re: IUI - positive pregnancy test, now negative

So sorry! It sounds like you had a chemical pregnancy which means you had implantation but the embryo failed to stay implanted...it's basically a very early miscarraige. I also experienced this twice with IVF. After an FET, my blood measured only a 9.5 which they told me it could go either way and then 2 days later it was negative. The other time, I did a fresh test and it was positive (67) and then 2 days later, it didn't double and so I inevitably lost that pregnancy too. So, I feel your pain.
    But, the good news is, you know now that you can get pregnant! And, they say that many times after you have a miscarraige that you get pregnant soon after. I too was successful. I have a 2 1/2 year old and twins that are 7 weeks!! Good luck!!

Closed Thread