It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• What happens if Provera doesn't even work...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-11-2009, 10:40 PM   #1
    Emory123
    (female)

Emory123 HB User
    What happens if Provera doesn't even work...

I am 36 years old with Osteoplenia (Diagnosed when I was 33), Hoshimoto's Thyroiditis Autoimmune Disorder and on and off irregular periods since I can remember. I had an IUD b/c my physicians put me on Bone Medication however am off it now and the IUD was removed over a month ago. My GYN wants to do blood work to test all kinds of fertility/menapause results such as DHEAS, Estradiol, FSH, 17 OHP, Prolactin and Testosterone however she can't do the blood work till I have a period.. We took me off the birth control pills as well over 2 weeks ago and I've taken 5 days so far of Provera and nothing... Not even swelling, cramping, zippo!

Should I be worried? I am. What if I'm in menapause or something? My boyfriend has been tested for his sperm and he could get someone pregnant by being in the same room so I'm afraid it's me that is "broken"....

I want kids.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2009, 01:39 AM   #2
    Kylie80
    (female)

Kylie80 HB User
    Re: What happens if Provera doesn't even work...

I aslo have Hoshimoto's Thyroiditis Autoimmune Disorder and also very irregular peroids. Have you stoped taking the prova? I have actually taken provera a couple of times. The first couple about 4 -7 days after taking them I got a very heavy period. The next 2 times I had taken it I got nothing. The first time he waited 10 days after taking and did a scan and my lining was thinner but I had a cyst on my overies but didnt think that could stop me getting my peroiod, the next time I took it he doubled the dose. Well nothing again but went in for a scan and I had major cramping and It looked like I was either disoving the lining or bleeding into my pelvis. If you are concened contact your doctor and he may do a scan to see what is happing

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Emory123 View Post
    I am 36 years old with Osteoplenia (Diagnosed when I was 33), Hoshimoto's Thyroiditis Autoimmune Disorder and on and off irregular periods since I can remember. I had an IUD b/c my physicians put me on Bone Medication however am off it now and the IUD was removed over a month ago. My GYN wants to do blood work to test all kinds of fertility/menapause results such as DHEAS, Estradiol, FSH, 17 OHP, Prolactin and Testosterone however she can't do the blood work till I have a period.. We took me off the birth control pills as well over 2 weeks ago and I've taken 5 days so far of Provera and nothing... Not even swelling, cramping, zippo!

Should I be worried? I am. What if I'm in menapause or something? My boyfriend has been tested for his sperm and he could get someone pregnant by being in the same room so I'm afraid it's me that is "broken"....

I want kids.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:15 AM   #3
    Emory123
    (female)

Emory123 HB User

She wants me to take 10 days of the Provera so I have including today, 5 more. I guess I shouldn't worry till after I stop the provera huh? From the sounds of it. I just remember last time I took this I started within a few days (2) of taken the provera.

In the past I've gone as long as 8 months without a period. My boyfriend and I are not being careful really. We both want a child and if it happens it happens. After we are finished with all this "bloodwork" etc, he will probably not want me to get back on BC pills to just let things happen naturally as he can't stand medication, not even tylonal. I have a great guy I know that but he doesn't understand the female disspointment this is for your "pipes" to not work correctly.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:04 AM   #4
    plang
    (female)

plang HB User

I take provera quite regularly to start my periods (I have PCOS) The first time I took it, I took it for 10 days, and within three days I started my period. The next couple of time my period started within 1-4 days of my last pill. Then this last time, I started after only taking 5 of the 10 pills. My doctor said it's quite normal to take your 10 pills, then within a week to 10 days you'd start your period. I wouldn't worry until you hit the 1 week mark of taking your last pill. Then, if you have no signs of your period, I'd call your doctor to check to be sure things are okay.

Hope this helps.

Closed Thread