It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

Just did IUI after follistim-success stories anyone?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-30-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
ShannonMomtoADF
(female)

ShannonMomtoADF HB User
Just did IUI after follistim-success stories anyone?

Hi--I'm a first-time poster. I PCOS and secondary infertility. I just finished my first round with follistim (injectable FSH) and had two follicles I was told would ovulate (1 at 21 and one at 17.) I had an IUI this morning and having another tomorrow. (Triggerd yesterday morning.) My RE said there is a good chance for twins. Anyone have any experiences with this? What do you think my chances for twins are? I'm very nervous but excited at the same time! Thanks in advance for any feedback/success stories/experiences!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2010, 12:53 AM   #2
tanuahuja
(female)

tanuahuja HB User
Re: Just did IUI after follistim-success stories anyone?

Hi Shanon; just like you even i am a first timer poster as well as had my IUI for the first time... we are very eager for the results is all we know at this point of time.

I was on injectables & had 5 follicles, one of whixh was to burst on the 30/03 evening, i took the trigger shot on the same evening & IUI happened on 01/04 for me. My doc hasnt advised me for another IUI in this cycle. i am having no clue about the chances of twins in your case & my case both but through my reading i only know that the chances of twins/triplets are higher in such cases as compared to normal concieving.

All the best keep posting...also f you can share how do you feel post IUI. I am feeling dizzi & lazy all the time...does tht happen with you too??

Luc again!

Old 04-22-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
MissShellB
(female)

MissShellB HB User

I was told there is always a chance for twins with an IUI. I had 5 follicles when I got pregnant with my son. The sizes were also in the 17 to 20'something range. I however only had a single pregnancy. Whew! But, you never know.
I started with Clomid and an IUI. I got pregnant but miscarried after 8 weeks. I tried Clomid and IUI again with no success. I moved onto Follisim injections and the first IUI try, got pregnant. However I didn't know I was pregnant. I thought I had started my next cycle since I was spotting and it got heavier as the days went by. I went back on day 3 to start my next round of meds but was told that I had a cyst and was told that I can't start another cycle until it was gone. I was bummed out. I then got a call later that day telling me they got my blood work back and that I was pregnant but my progesterone level was low and I had to come in right away. Well, 10 weeks on progesterone shots was well worth it because I now have a year old son. This process take a lot out of you but hang in there. It might not work the first or second time. Don't give up. Miracles do happen. Good luck to you and everyone else on here. **Baby Dust**

Old 04-22-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
tikam
(female)

tikam HB User

Hi there, good luck to you! Many people have success with this kind of scenario. There is always a chance of twins, or multiples if there is more than one follicle, but I think the odds are still pretty low. I had 5 last time and unfortunately had negative results. I remember it was dissapointing because I was so worried about multiples, so I'm now trying to just focus on the hopes that something positive happens, and not worry as much about that part. Good luck, I just had my 3rd IUI and am waiting to see, although this time I had one at 21 and one at 14 that may not have ovulated.
Tika

Closed Thread