It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• 1st IVF Treatment started

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-06-2012, 06:58 AM   #16
    orchidgrl
    (female)

orchidgrl HB User
    Re: 1st IVF Treatment started

Hi Belly Kelly,

My retrieval is scheduled for tomm...I have more than 20 folliciles per the dr. I am apprehesive about the after effects of retrieval...on your first round of ivf...did the dr still continue with the transfer...my dr has cancelled my transfer this month cause of the concern of overstimulation...what did u do to help with the bloating after retrieval...what other side effects did you have? guide me...Neha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #17
    mrskiska
    (female)

mrskiska HB User

Neha,

Sorry to hear about the transfer being cancelled. As for the retrieval, I have a friend that has done several rounds of IVF and had 3 retrievals and she said that she was out the entire time and when she woke up, she had minor cramping for the rest of the day and then it was gone. As for the OHSS issue, I hope that the lupron injection did its job and you don't have any symptoms. I go back tomorrow morning to do another u/s and hopefully I can trigger tomorrow night and do the retrieval on Wednesday. Good luck tomorrow with your retrieval!!

Michelle

Old 05-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #18
    orchidgrl
    (female)

orchidgrl HB User

Hey Michelle,

All the best for the retrieval tomm...i asked the dr for my estrogen level and it was 7000 crazy figure. They managed to retrieve 36 eggs and got a call today they fertilized 24. dr said it was crazy good...but the transfer will be next month...i had cramping yest. slept the whole day...today also its painful but better than yesterday...it was expected since they had to poke me in 36 folliciles...except for cramping and pain when i laugh or cough i am fine...i did use the painkillers and used the hot water bottle non-stop...

Wishing you loads of luck....
    Neha

Old 05-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #19
    Belly Kelly
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User

Oh wow, yes, 36 eggs is a lot! But I am glad so many fertilized as well, that's amazing.

They did transfer 2 with my first round. My levels were no where near high as yours. I didn't get the bloat until several days after transfer. It has been 6 days since transfer and then my sickness/bloating was at its peak. I was in just a lot of pain, hurt to pee, walk, etc. I had to drink a half gallon of Gatorade in a 24 hour period, and the next morning, I felt like a new person. I had been drinking so much water before that but it wasn't helping and only made me hurt more. I guess the electrolytes in Gatorade did the trick.

Make sure you drink lots of fluid and maybe even some Gatorade here and there. Good luck!

Old 05-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #20
    orchidgrl
    (female)

orchidgrl HB User

Thanks Belly Kelly...

I managed to go to work today after a 2 day break...so recovering....have been drinking gatorade...transfer has been cancelled till next month...so will keep your tips in mind

Old 05-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #21
    orchidgrl
    (female)

orchidgrl HB User

Hi Michelle,

How are you feeling? How did the retrieval go?How many eggs did they manage to retrive? I drank plenty of Gatordae used the hot water bottle...and was not shy to take the pain meds...

wishing you luck...

Old 05-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #22
    mrskiska
    (female)

mrskiska HB User

Neha,

We had 5 eggs retrieved on Wednesday the 9th, and then we received an email yesterday that only 2 had fertilized and that they wanted to do a two day transfer. So I had to run around trying to get my work sorted out and get another acupuncture visit in there. We had the transfer this morning. They were 2 - 4 cell grade 1 embryos!!! The transfer was really - for lack of a better word - cool. I watched on the screen as they put the embryos right into the uterus and then there was a white flash, which is the water bubbles from the catheter holding the embryos. And then they took a sonogram picture. I have it hanging on my refrigerator, even though my husband thinks it is strange, to keep me positive for the next two weeks of waiting. It sounds like you will have a lot of frozen ones to chose from, that is awesome!! It looks like our month of May isn't turning out so bad for either of us.....I got two good ones transferred and you were able to fertilize 24!! Yay us!

Michelle

Old 05-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #23
    orchidgrl
    (female)

orchidgrl HB User

Michelle,

Fabulous news....how are you feeling these days? i bet the pic must be so awesome to look at everyday...wishing you all the best...hope the 2 weeks fly by for you....and the test comes out with some fabulous news

My estrogen level is still coming down... hopefully quickly since my breasts are still so tender to touch, feel like i am carrying golf balls inside...they are sooooo heavy...lol...this is all expected apparently the bloated tummy will last too till i start my periods...

Keep me posted on your progress...

Neha

Old 05-15-2012, 05:05 AM   #24
    Belly Kelly
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User

Good news! I have my pic of embryos - 9 of them...two which were transferred. This was the round that gave me my pregnancy. I plan to blow up my pic and have it framed and hang it in my house. It will definitely be a conversation starter.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #25
    mrskiska
    (female)

mrskiska HB User

Neha,

Did you do you transfer yet? We are going to start round 2 on June 30th. Keep me posted on where you are girl.

Michelle

Old 06-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #26
    orchidgrl
    (female)

orchidgrl HB User

Hey Michelle,

Still waiting for my periods, they will tranfer approx 2 to 2 and half weeks after my period starts. Will keep you posted. All the best! Hopefuly second time will be the lucky charm for you

Old 06-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #27
    orchidgrl
    (female)

orchidgrl HB User

Hey Michelle,

Still waiting for my periods, they will tranfer approx 2 to 2 and half weeks after my period starts. Will keep you posted. All the best! Hopefuly second time will be the lucky charm for you

Old 07-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #28
    mrskiska
    (female)

mrskiska HB User

Neha,

Transfer? I started my second rounds of shots last Saturday and will have retrieval sometime next week. Here we go again....

Michelle

Closed Thread