It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Female Infertility No period/infertility problems

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-17-2014, 06:09 PM   #1
    lindsay526
    (female)

lindsay526 HB User
    No period/infertility problems

Hello. I just don't know what my problem is, and google searches aren't getting me very far. I got my first period kind of late (17 yr old) and it was immediately irregular. Back then my doctor told me "not to worry about it" when I asked her about how it would effect my ability to get pregnant later on. She said we should wait to worry about it til I was trying to get pregnant. Now that time has come.

I was on the depo shot for about 3 years at the beginning of my relationship with my fiancee, but then he noticed my sex drive was down, so I went to the doctor and she suggested I switch my bc to the patch. I was on the patch for probably about a year and decided in May 2013 to stop. I was testing to see if my period would come back, because even on the patch/ depo I never got it.

I got my period for one week in June, and then it never came back. I have taken a crazy amount of pregnancy tests because we never used any other form of birth control...like literally, not even the "pull and pray"

Finally, I decided that in February 2014 to go see the doctor because me and my fiancee want to start a family right after we get married. They prescribed progesterine to try and "jump start" my period and ran a bunch of blood test (like my thyroid and blood sugar levels) which all came back normal.

The progesterine did start my period, which lasted a week. Then it was off for a week, then came back for another week. But now, over a month later, I have nothing. Not even a hint. The doctor today said it was time to start talking fertility issues, so I am going back next month.

Has anyone else had these same problems? I have been researching things like PCOS, but I never had acne or hair problems....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2014, 12:42 AM   #2
    dipans
    (male)

dipans HB User
    Re: No period/infertility problems

Hey dear,
    Sorry for you infertility issues which you knew in these few days.
    I think you should go for IVF treatment for that you need to choose best of best fertility clinic.
    Do it fast. infertility is curable don't worry. Everything will be fine.

Closed Thread

Tags
    infertililty, low sex drive, no periods, ovulation, progesterone treatment