It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Help me with my ear?!?! Please!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-02-2015, 04:16 PM   #1
    Jaade
    (female)

Jaade HB User
    Unhappy Help me with my ear?!?! Please!!

Hi, I'm going to go in to a lot of detail about this because I need as much advice as I can get. Basically, about 3 months ago I first started getting pain in both of my ears, I used olive oil ear drops in both and then pain went for a little while, the pain came back so I went to the doctors. The doctor said that my left ear was full of wax and I needed it to be syringed. It came to the time of having my ears syringed but my right ear suddenly started feeling full and blocked (I ignored it as I was having my left ear syringed and thought that the pain was coming from my left ear) anyway I had my left ear syringed and the pain and fullness in my right ear gradually became worse. It wasn't the pain as such it was the pressure and fullness that was irritating me. I left it but it gradually became worse and worse. (My left ear was ok by this point) I went back to the doctors about my right ear and she disgnosed me with an middle ear infection (I think, she didn't give much detail) she explained that some tube was inflamed and slightly swollen. She gave me some ear drops and the pressure of my ear and fullness disappeared slightly. It started to get better, until I woke up one night and my ear was completely blocked and I couldn't hear out of it very well. I went back to the doctors and she said the infection was still there so she prescribed me some ear spray. I used that but again, the same thing happened. It began to feel better but it gradually got worse one night. (The difference was the ear was completely clogged and full and it was extremely hard to hear from it) there was no pain, it just felt pressurised and full. I went back to the doctors and she said the 'infection' had cleared and it was just full of fluid and ear wax. She sent me home. That night I had to go to the hospital because I had two panic attacks from vertigo, ear ache, nausea and blurred vision. The doctors at the hospital said there was still an infection and there was a whole lot of fluid - they gave me Flucloxacillin. I took that for three days and it made no difference what so ever, in fact it made it worse. I went back to the hospital where a doctor said I was given the wrong anti biotics and that's what made it worse. By this time I was very ill, I had lost my appetite, I felt dizzy constantly and I was in a lot of pain with headaches and ear ache also, fullness of my ear. I had to wear ear muffs to take the irritation and pain away from the clogged ear. The doctor gave me some more anti biotics (which I am taking now) my fourth day. It is, amoxicillin. They have made me feel well in myself, the dizziness and nausea has gone and I have my appitite back BUT the fullness in my ear (the fluid I am guessing) HAS NOT GONE! And the pain is slightly still there. I am taking ibruphen daily (6 a day) I am constantly wearing ear muffs to take the irritation away, it makes me forget about the fullness and pressure of my ear. But I have been getting pin in the right side of my face. I don't know what to do, does anybody know what this is? I haven't taken anything other than painkillers and my anti biotics to get rid of it. I have seen that people use nasal spray etc etc for this kind of thing. When I hold my nose and blow out my ears nothing pops, or when I yawn nothing happens! My ear rings slightly too. I can barley hear out of it �� I'm so stressed and frustrated! I don't think I can cope with it anymore! Please someone help! (Without my ear muffs on my ear feels so clogged and full it's just going to burst)

Ive never had any discharge from my right ear (ever) and ive never really had issues with my ears as a child. I'm 19 years old and I am a very paranoid hypochondriac. I don't know whether this is me being paranoid over nothing or if it is actually something very serious. But I am in a lot of discomfort and pain.

Last edited by Jaade; 04-02-2015 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Needed to add more detail

The following user gives a hug of support to Jaade:
    sweetpotato13 (04-03-2015)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2015, 08:37 PM   #2
    starlight294
    (female)

starlight294 HB User
    Re: Help me with my ear?!?! Please!!

I also have something wrong with my ears on Doctor said I had fluid in one ear and perforated ear drum that has healed in the other .I went to another Doctor who said both ears were clear Third Doctor said one a bit red but otherwise okay, I started to get balance problems when I was walking then it was like I lost equilibrium and would fall and even when on the ground still feel like I was falling. I am so confused Had a Cat scan of brain that said all is okay so what is wrong with my ears

Closed Thread

Tags
    ear ache, ear clogged, ear fluid, ear fullness vertigo