It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Mucus and Inner ear problems

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-30-2015, 01:59 AM   #1
    carapathian
    (male)

carapathian HB User
    Mucus and Inner ear problems

Hey everyone, just looking for some answers! A little background into what's going on with me:

About 5-6 months ago, I started noticing that my eyes were starting to feel strained and I was experiencing slight dizziness. I don't want to say it was vertigo but almost like my eyes were having a hard time focusing. This went on for a few weeks until I finally went to see an optometrist, fearing I was losing my vision. The optometrist said my eyes were pretty much perfect so I decided I'd go see a Doctor. I didn't realize it until I was discussing my symptoms with him that my right ear seemed to be plugged for a while; like it needed to be popped. Anyways, he diagnosed me with labyrinthitis and said it should go away within the month.

Fast forward a few months and the symptoms hadn't gone away. Some days were better than others but I never felt perfect. Went to another Doctor and he also said labyrinthitis.

So since then I pretty much accepted the fact that I had labyrinthitis and it was just lasting longer than normal. That was until I started to realize that I've been having really bad mucus problems in my throat. I'm constantly clearing my throat(my girlfriend loves this) and sometimes it gets so bad where I feel like I can't breathe. So what I'm wondering is if these symptoms could be related?

A quick recap of all my symptoms:
    -Right ear problems(clicking when chewing, feels like it needs to be popped, occasional tinnitus)
    -Mucus in throat constantly
    -Dizziness but I wouldn't call it Vertigo. Eyes seem to be trying to focus but can't.
    -Anxiety(not sure if this is related but since these symptoms started it has been way worse)
    -Feeling awful out of nowhere. Not vomiting awful but like I'm getting a bad cold.

Any help or advice would greatly appreciated as I really miss feeling normal. Thanks a lot!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2015, 06:16 PM   #2
    starlight294
    (female)

starlight294 HB User
    Re: Mucus and Inner ear problems

I caught a head cold then from that I noticed I was having balance problems and my ears were burning and like they had no equilibrium had Brain Scan all clear had throat ulta sound all clear and yet I am so dizzy now I feel weak as well

Old 05-08-2015, 07:47 PM   #3
    EricNC
    (male)

EricNC HB UserEricNC HB UserEricNC HB User
    Re: Mucus and Inner ear problems

Quote:
    Originally Posted by starlight294 View Post
    I caught a head cold then from that I noticed I was having balance problems and my ears were burning and like they had no equilibrium had Brain Scan all clear had throat ulta sound all clear and yet I am so dizzy now I feel weak as well
    I think you can get mucus in the inner that causes problems. I posted some more details in another post on this page. I do find antihistamines and mucinex time released pills do help. I have notice some times when I put a q-tip in my ear mucus will then come down my throat and cause me to cough. It's clear all this stuff is related. If I can keep my nasal passages open I have less of these inner issues ringing and balance.

Closed Thread