It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• 5 years out! Life after Vestibular Neuritis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-30-2015, 06:29 PM   #1
    Amy1007
    (female)

Amy1007 HB UserAmy1007 HB UserAmy1007 HB UserAmy1007 HB User
    5 years out! Life after Vestibular Neuritis

Around this time every year I start to think back on that night 5 years ago. I literally thought I was dying. I woke up the room was spinning and I couldn't stand. I crawled into my bathroom to throw up. I had a newborn and I assumed it was something postpartum. My husband rushed me to the hospital. Days later after living in bed I saw an ENT and the suspicion of VN was confirmed. These were the worst few weeks of my life. The next six months of initial recovery were the worst. I felt like everything was hopeless despite VNT every week. I didn't drive for months. I felt depressed because no one I knew had this. Even my doctor's information conflicted with my recovery pattern. Weeks turned into months and months turned into years- here I am. 5 years stronger. There were setbacks-random days here and there when I felt bad again. But I am 5 years out. Yeah! Before this I was a runner and only in the last year did I feel confident enough to run seriously again. In the past few months I have done several 5Ks and now I'm training for a half marathon. If someone would have told me I would run again even 4 years ago I would have laughed. So- if you reading this - and you are in the muck of recovery- or if you are months or years out but struggling some days just know that you will get through this. Thinking back to a time when I couldn't even get through the day without help with my kids or go out anywhere I feel it's important to share. In my darkest days I searched health boards and the net to cling to any information from a person who had recovered. Have hope. You will regain quality of life again.

Last edited by Amy1007; 06-30-2015 at 06:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2015, 06:31 AM   #2
    yncs5729
    (male)

yncs5729 HB User
    Re: 5 years out! Life after Vestibular Neuritis

Thanks for your encouraging post. My mother has been dealing with these symptoms too.

Closed Thread