It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Have I got Labrynthitis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-22-2015, 05:42 AM   #1
    SJPerrie
    (male)

SJPerrie HB User
    Have I got Labrynthitis

I'll try and keep this brief; however having read other posts on here, I can strongly relate to what other people are saying re Labrynthitis.

In all my visits to doctors over the past 5 or so years, only recently did one doctor suggest I had viral Labrynthitis.

I was referred to ENT, they did a few tests and it was dismissed as migraine with aura, just because I was able to stand on one leg with my eyes closed and balance was ok. My balance has never been an issue but the dizziness and unsteady lightheadedness has.

I have had similar symptoms over the past 6 years. About 7 years ago I had a very bad ear infection, went deaf for a wee while and all manner of pus n nasty stuff came out and it cleared up eventually, not sure if this is related?

In last few years, I seem to get the same symptoms more often, it used to be maybe twice a year maybe 3 times for up to 2 weeks and in last year it is about 5-6 times it has happened.

Symptoms are a bit hard to describe:
    - a dizzy, spaced out lightheadedness
    - Like I am an autopilot and can't really focus my eyes sometimes
    - I have NO spinning sensations or NO balance problems although I feel unsteady on my feet and like I am falling sometimes
    - I often have nauseous feeling and dry wretching, where I am not actually sick
    - The dizziness and spaced out lightheadedness makes me feel I could faint; however I never have
    - Bright lights and daylight often become intolerable when I feel like this
    - Sometimes sounds like a pneumatic drill or vibrating sounds can make me worse, sounds weird but it happens
    - Symptoms are generally worse morning and especially 12-2 in afternoon dn tend to improve to almosts being normal from mid-afternoon, which is weird

I have visited doctors many times and had all manner of tests, blood tests all fine, ENT visit was fine, hearing tests all fine and MRI scans all fine.

Some doctors are not interested and some have been very helpful. Have been given various anti-dizziness pills and thought symptoms might be connected to blood pressure and tablets I take (have had Ramipril 5mg and now on Amploimine 5mg); however that seems unlikely.

I have read many posts on here and all the lows others are describing is similar to me. I feel a fraud as I appear to be healthy; however I cannot work when I get the symptoms and am self-employed so not ideal.

I wish there was a method be it a drug, exercise or anything that I could do to make this go away. It affects my whole life, I am married with two young kids and I feel terrible I cannot do things with them when I am like this. I feel useless when I have this.

I am about 2-3 stone overweight and am walking 2-3 miles a day when I feel like it to try and lose weight

In between the bouts of whatever this is, I am active and cycle up to 40 miles and used to regularly walk up the mountains in 8-9 hour mountaineering trips.

any advice or help would be much appreciated.

One final thing is that 6 years ago I got my large bowel removed after being diagnosed wit Ulcerative Colitis. I have a rectal stump and sometimes it flares up with Proctitis; however I am told this would show inflammation on blood tests and this is not the cause. although one doctor told me it was likely to make me feel the way I did and prescribed me steroids and my consultant at the hospital said steroids are not a good idea long term.

One way or another, having read a lot into this, I am sure it is Labrynthitis or similar or something to do with flare up in the rectum.

Scunnered with the whole episode but very helpful reading the other posts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    dizzyness, high blood pressure, labyrinthitis, ulcerative collitis/flare ups